RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I am trying to disable the warning chime in my RR but am having no luck finding a solution. The only thing I could find that was remotely close to what I was looking for is at the below link but the solution listed is for a 2005 and not a 2006 and up RR. I viewed the workshop and electrical diagrams for my model online but that didn't lead to anything either. Can somebody please assist. Thanks in advance.
http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/6-range-rover-l322-mark-iii/35855-disconnect-warning-chime-speaker.html

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
152 Posts
Can I ask why would you want to do this?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It is extremely annoying and I am just tired of hearing it. Especially the temperature one. I don't mind the messages that appear, just don't want to hear the ding. I am also looking to change air springs to coil and want to be able to go without the sound.

Nonetheless, any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
888 Posts
So he doesn't have to hear it. 8-|=
ROFLMAO!!!!!!

I assume it's the seat belt chime he's asking about. Thankfully, my 04 only has the first chime. This is really nice when I hit the ranch. It's several miles from the gate to the cabin on dirt road. If it's not raining, I remove my seat belt and open the windows (even if it's cold) to enjoy the country. If it's raining, i only remove my seat belt.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, so I fix my issue. I disconnect the speaker which, for the 06 and up, is located on the back of the instrument cluster. I no longer have any beeps, bongs, or chimes but messages continue to show up on the panel as needed (i.e. fasten seatbelt, key still in ignition, etc..)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Okay, so I fix my issue. I disconnect the speaker which, for the 06 and up, is located on the back of the instrument cluster. I no longer have any beeps, bongs, or chimes but messages continue to show up on the panel as needed (i.e. fasten seatbelt, key still in ignition, etc..)
But won't that also knock out the audio for any detrimental warning chimes, i.e. low coolant, trans temp, etc..??

I mean, I'll agree the exterior temp 37 degree warning is annoying, but I'll deal with it to know that I also have audio to warn me of anything about to go bang in hopes that I can kill the engine quickly enough to save it from severe damage.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, unfortunately it is lost but the message still appears.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts