RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, what is the method to stop/disable the EAS from auto leveling the RR while turned off and in park....?

I have been trying key words under search and it is not ringing a bell. I did it once and already forgot....

·
Registered
65 Posts
medcapequip said:
Guys, what is the method to stop/disable the EAS from auto leveling the RR while turned off and in park....?

I have been trying key words under search and it is not ringing a bell. I did it once and already forgot....
Can that be done? I didn't think you could.

·
Registered
931 Posts
The EAS timer/relay under the left seat is active when the vehicle is not running.IE it is permanently supplied with 12V in order for it to function.You need to replace the permanent 12V supply with a 12V supply that is only present with the ignition key in position 2.You can doing this by removing the permanent 12V supply and replacing it with a switched one in the engine fusebox.
You need to take out a fuse and then add a wire from a switched 12V to the relay/timer side of its fuse.I dont remember which fuse numbers to use,but all the info is on the RAVE cd in order to work it out.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the jumper wire with the two male end and fuse but for the life of me I can't remember how to do it. Like J said above you take the fuse #? out and I can't remember which slot the jumper wire is supposed to go in there are 3 slots on the larger fuses.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am just going to keep my truck window cracked and see what happens.

My RR is going into access mode and slow to rise in the front.

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
medcapequip said:
I am just going to keep my truck window cracked and see what happens.
? :think: I don't think windows open have an effect on self leveling.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Typo, I meant the rear trunk window....so far been a couple of hours and it is still on the highest setting 34" from center of the arch to the ground all around.

See what it looks like in the morning. I parked it earlier after driving 250 miles today and it immediately went to access mode. Started the RR up and the front took a little while to get up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Be careful removing/ replacing this part as when I done it to try and find a fault with my EAS it blew the ABS fuse???? :doh: But I didn't realise until 3 hr of head scratching as why the whole car had got tits up... Don't know why but it did!!! Forewarned is for-armed etc...

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I dont feel like interfering with the eas on my car too much, I have a leak somewhere in the valveblock I cant be bothered with as I have had it apart 3 times now.

Mine does some strange things, occasionally the front or rear is up in the air and it always ends up on bump stops after about 3 days.

I have a airline solenoid I have been meaning to put in line for the tank for about 3 months, simply to only let the tank be accessed while the ignition is on, so when I start the car I should always have a full tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts