RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing led license plate lights with built in resistors my electronic gas range is reading incorrect. I installed the Leds while my truck was still running. I tried swapping them with the stocks, however I still have the odd readings. For example; after i fill gas it reads 399km and over a short period of time read 500km. Then once i start driving it increses or decreases a km :think: . I was just wondering if there was anything I could do inorder to fix this myself, instead of swapping the leds out and installing the stocks :shhh: .

THE LEDS ARE from iJDM or Jdm and are a great buy!! But would be een more perfect if my gas range didnt act up! :evil:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Re: Dilemna after installing license plate leds with resistor

Could it just be a coincidence? Kind of like the time I got a flat tire when I ate too much chocolate cake. While it is theoretically possible that the 2 were related, the nail that I rode over had more to do with it than the cake. Something o figured put one the tube was checked

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts

Lone Rangerover said:
Kind of like the time I got a flat tire when I ate too much chocolate cake.
:lol:

Try resetting the trip computer first, relatively quick swings up or down in the calculated fuel range are not that unusual depending on your driving conditions (ask me how I know...), and although anything is possible with today's complicated electronics, your theory does sound a little far fetched.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts

Now, if you said the drivers seat lumbar support didn't work after the led swap, there is a TSB for that. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts