RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi as header suggests at the moment like everyone I have analogue TV in my 2004 vogue, and we are about to go digital in the southwest. Anyone got any ideas if we can upgrade to digital??
I have installed the mk4 computer for the sat nav already as well (not sure if that is relevant mind!!).
Thanks for reading and anyone replying with advise.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
87 Posts
Like your Mk4 Nav just swap out the analogue tuner for BMW's digital version - it's plug and play in the same way as the Nav plus you get both analogue and digital tuners built in! Search eBay for "BMW Hybrid TV" You just need to make sure the unit is suitable for the old 3, 5 and X5 models. Dont forget that you can then sell your old unit to help towards the cost! :thumb:

Andy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey thanks for that tell me would these model fit do you know? sorry to be a pain in the ar""

BMW 3er E46

BMW 5er E39

BMW 7er E38

BMW X5 E53

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would say : BMW X5 E53 , but that needs to be confirmed .

Jaybear

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've got digital on my RR (came already installed) but reception in and around warwickshire isn't great, I can usually only get about 5-10 channels, CBBC, ITV2 etc... maybe when they switch annalogue off completely they'll boost the digital signal?

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
87 Posts
Yes! Any of those models are fine! As for digital reception, the previous post is true, when you are in a strong signal its great, Sky Sports News and many other free to air channels but just like digital mobile phones the signal is either there or not - eg perfect or nothing. As I understand it the digital signal in the UK will be "cranked up" when the analogue is switched off as currently the digital signal interfers with the old analogue!

My problem is that for the south its 2012 and my RR will be long gone by then! Well to be replaced with a newer one!

Andy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts