RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will like to start from saying that I have spent numerous days and hours reading these forums for a similar problem or solution to my problem but I got nothing. I just got my hands on a 06 rover supercharged and I'm going nuts trying to resolve my suspension fault. I have a red warning on the dash that beeps and says to not exceed 30 mph and the suspension goes into extended mode once I select access level. I have just replaced my compressor with a brand new one because most people said that has fixed it but that's not the case. Height Sensors seem fine with none of them flying over the 4x4 screen. Suspension Bags are all original with no leaks. If I leave my truck in off road mode it will stay. When I have plugged in the scanner I get a code for communication error with Ride Height Module. When driving the truck the ride is horrible, the body swings all over the place when I hit a bump even in off road mode. I really don't have the patience to throw parts or money at it that won't fix my issue. Battery and alternator are perfect. The truck has 88k miles and it has the upgraded 22 inch rover wheels with no tpms, if that matters. The truck also has the ACE. I understand that new shocks should resolve my horrible ride but I don't think they would clear my red suspension light. The car handles dangerously on the highway and the last time I drove it on the highway the front end collapsed on me and I bounced off the exit that I was lucky to be next too. Truck also sometimes says that system will raise once cooled and the front raises a few minutes after the back when this happens. I have replaced the compressor with a brand new unit which includes a new drier. While driving locally I do hear the compressor come on frequently. When I lower the vehicle I hear a loud Psssyyyyt that I don't recall hearing with the old compressor. Could my issue be relief valves ? Do relief valves send out the red icon? Can the dangerous handling be because of the relief valves not sending pressure to one air shock to the other. Ride is bumpy all around. scanner only reads out a code for RLM Module. Relay was replaced with new compressor. I have topped up the ace reservoir twice since I got the truck, it doesn't get empty but low

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm having the exact same issues. 2006 HSE

I replaced my compressor, updated to new silencer (muffler), compressor fuse, and all four air shocks. My iCarsoft scanner reads the following code "Pressure does not decrease in venting gallery", or I get "Lost connect with compressor".

I can also raise car, but can never lower it as it will go into "extended mode". My ride height sensors might be the only last to change as both my passenger side show high on my "off-road" screen.

I do know the battery was replaced by the old owner.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
516 Posts
I wonder if the front valve block or rear is sticking... allowing one of the corners to inflate but not deflate. This would account for the system thinking one corners was hung up and put it in extended mode. The system only knows what it does from the height sensors. Or the valve block may be intermittently sticking causing the compressor to run too long. I also understand you need to re-flash the EAS system after compressor replacement. I think it reduces the overall system pressure. Good luck.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
227 Posts
I have just replaced my compressor with a brand new one
(...)
compressor come on frequently. scanner only reads out a code for RLM Module. Relay was replaced with new compressor.
Did you replace with a brand new Hitachi compressor? Unlikely, because they are out of production as of 2009. Did you install the AMK compressor? They need to be installed along with a software update to function properly in a car that had a Hitachi compressor installed by OEM.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I will like to start from saying that I have spent numerous days and hours reading these forums for a similar problem or solution to my problem but I got nothing. I just got my hands on a 06 rover supercharged and I'm going nuts trying to resolve my suspension fault. I have a red warning on the dash that beeps and says to not exceed 30 mph and the suspension goes into extended mode once I select access level. I have just replaced my compressor with a brand new one because most people said that has fixed it but that's not the case. Height Sensors seem fine with none of them flying over the 4x4 screen. Suspension Bags are all original with no leaks. If I leave my truck in off road mode it will stay. When I have plugged in the scanner I get a code for communication error with Ride Height Module. When driving the truck the ride is horrible, the body swings all over the place when I hit a bump even in off road mode. I really don't have the patience to throw parts or money at it that won't fix my issue. Battery and alternator are perfect. The truck has 88k miles and it has the upgraded 22 inch rover wheels with no tpms, if that matters. The truck also has the ACE. I understand that new shocks should resolve my horrible ride but I don't think they would clear my red suspension light. The car handles dangerously on the highway and the last time I drove it on the highway the front end collapsed on me and I bounced off the exit that I was lucky to be next too. Truck also sometimes says that system will raise once cooled and the front raises a few minutes after the back when this happens. I have replaced the compressor with a brand new unit which includes a new drier. While driving locally I do hear the compressor come on frequently. When I lower the vehicle I hear a loud Psssyyyyt that I don't recall hearing with the old compressor. Could my issue be relief valves ? Do relief valves send out the red icon? Can the dangerous handling be because of the relief valves not sending pressure to one air shock to the other. Ride is bumpy all around. scanner only reads out a code for RLM Module. Relay was replaced with new compressor. I have topped up the ace reservoir twice since I got the truck, it doesn't get empty but low
Did you ever get this resolved? What was the issue? Having similar challenge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts