RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the other post on heater issues and it sounds very similar to my situation. Just got the truck, previous owner included a whole other heater box with the truck. His mechanic told him that if he turned on the heat it would blow the alternator. He said this happened all at once. Here is what I have found:

heater core is good, engine is running at proper temp
have heat moving through the floor and demist vents at speed due to airflow, enough that the truck is bearable to be in
fan on heat (left lever all the way down, lower left switch all the way to right, temp control on hot) heater fan blows on 1 blows the same speed on 2, on 3 puts a huge load on the electrical system that the truck wants to stall.

At first I thought it was a fan issue, but the fan seems to turn fine on low speed. Now I am thinking it could be the switch or maybe resistor, although everything I've read about the resistor says it fails on high speed not the opposite like I'm having.

Any ideas?

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
What year and model. THere were a few changes over the 25 years that the "Classic" were produced. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,115 Posts
Check the fan resistor pack. One speed for two switch positions and a bad short seems to indicate your problems may be there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts