RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 10 days ago I picked up my new Range Rover Sport V8 SC and so far I have covered 1600km. I have noted that there is a BIG discrepancy between the Real consumption values, by comparing values indicated by the trip computer to how much fuel enters in the tank after each refill.

So far, my real MPG average has been of 14.36 L/100km (16.5 MPG), but according to the Trip Computer, my average is of 11.5 L/100km (19.8 MPG)... I'm always getting a discrepancy of about 20%.

Is this a common issue? Is there a way to Fix it?

Thanks,
Alessandro

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Not at all uncommon. The "trip computer/info centre" is simply an average since the last reset. Is this a new rig or previously owned?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not at all uncommon. The "trip computer/info centre" is simply an average since the last reset. Is this a new rig or previously owned?
It's a Brand new car, I'm resetting "trip B" every time I refill (always fill the tank completely); when I log total odometer distance and register how many liters went in to the tank, and compare it to what the trip computer is indicating, it turns out the onboard computer is consistently over estimating mileage by 20%. In previous cars (Mercedes GL, Audi Q7 and Bmw X5), differences where never greater than 3%.

Is anyone else getting similar differences?

If anyone is curious about my log so far, here it is: https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/911842.html

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,469 Posts
My 2014 has always been 15% or so optimistic. Most here have had the same experience. Maybe RR is trying to make the drivers feel good when they drive their rigs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
Yeah, that's probably it.
I started getting sospicious when after driving slow on the Highway (100 to 110 km/h) for about 40 to 50 km, I would start seeing the average drop down to 9.5 - 9.4 L/100km (25 MPG) :lol:

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
471 Posts
Every Land Rover I have owned has been optimistic by 10-20%.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
206 Posts
I do a quick hand calc at each fill up. Typically 1 to 4 mpg less on calc than computer. Today trip computer showed 25.9 calc was 22.4

·
Registered
55 Posts
I always get about 15mpg...and always less than my computer calculates. Chalk it up to the game! LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts