RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So from what I can gather, Mobile 1 75W-90 Syn fluids for the diffs are acceptable as a replacement for OEM. But if you have e-locker rear diff, use the OEM one. Xfer case, use the OEM fluid...sound about right?

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Yeah, 75w90 front and rear, I personally prefer Castrol over Mobil, but that will work fine. If the rear is locking, you need to either use a 75w90 with a friction modifier in it already(I believe Redline and Royal Purple both do) or a standard 75w90 and add a LSD friction modifier, but the factory fluid is just a standard gear oil with a friction modifier.

Stick with LR fluid for the t-case, it is actually a type of ATF, and not a gear oil at all.

I strongly suggest installing the updated style front differential breather cap as well, to keep it from over-pressurizing and causing leaks, cheap part, good insurance.

T-case fluid P/N LRN0753
F diff vent cap P/N LR019450

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, OK...kind of like my Tacoma. The LSDs require a friction modifier additive. I'll definitely have to do this F DIFF vent cap you speak of. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
179 Posts
So when i replace my difff fluids, I should change front diff cap with a new vent cap. would i get this cap from land rover prts?

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
I've heard other people on the forum use RP. I use redline, which i buy from amazon (free shipping)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts