RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A common problem with the BMW 2.5TD engines (in fact all diesel engines with the Bosch VP37 FIP) is leaking from the two top gaskets. I seem to have this problem too (as mentioned in another thread by me - Marking Territory). Read a lot about it, seen videos on Youtube... There are two showing a VW Derby and a New Beetle, both with the VP37, as has our RR P38.

Everywhere it's VW's, Audi's and so on. mentioned, somewhere you can use their VAG-Com diagnostics software to adjust the pump after assembling it again. Anyone done this with Nanocom (evolution II) on the P38?

The thing is the housing can be moved slightly forward and back to adjust the fuel injection quantity, the trick with scratching marks on the housing is a bit rough, after my opinion (a few tenth of millimetres seem to make significant differences). On Youtube it's shown how to tihgten the screws by hand and then carefully tap the housing forth and back with a hammer handle, while watching the fuel quantity current and comparing it to the comparison value.

Nanocom has Diagnostic capabilities for fueling, I'm just not sure if the fuel quantity compared is the right one for adjusting (like it is in VAG-Com).

Any experiences with this?

R

·
0 Posts
set it with nano, or set it, tapping the cover and read with nano?

i set it by feeling ... runs fine just the fuelconsumtion according to the bordcomputer is way lower than real (12l/100km real, 8,5 l/100km according to bordcomputer

·
Registered
950 Posts
Mine shows 8.5l/100km but actually it's worse at about 18l/100km. Any idea how to adjust without diagnostics?

·
Registered
253 Posts
set it with nano, or set it, tapping the cover and read with nano?

i set it by feeling ... runs fine just the fuelconsumtion according to the bordcomputer is way lower than real (12l/100km real, 8,5 l/100km according to bordcomputer
Set it by tapping, do not alter settings in nano. When set properly, it will show 12-13l/100km on board computer after some mixed driving.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Setting it by tapping was my plan, I just wanted to confirm the setting (value) with Nanocom, not altering it. I guess I can take a readout on the current value right now and attempt to set I like that again. I was just wondering if there's a reference value I can go after (mg/stroke)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts