RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine wanted to order a hybrid diesel and was told LR discontinued the engine option in Europe. That's a pitty because it delivered V8 diesel torque and power at the fuel consumption of a V6 diesel. Anyway, better alternative must be on its way, but it won't be the 2 liter petrol plug-in hybrid if you ask me.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
90 Posts
Full - Electric...I'm sure E-Pace...will be the test mule.
And RR will use that technology...

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
191 Posts
I am a happy owner of the SDV6 Hybrid and once I realized it is discontinued, I asked LR communications what's in the line.
They are not allowed to tell exactly, but they told me a Plug-In-Hybrid will replace it.

As far as I know from my re-search, it is a 4 Zyl.-Petrol Plug-In Hybrid for MY18 ready.
My dealer told me, he will know details in June.

Best
René

·
Registered
19 Posts
I may have one of the last 3.0 SDV6 Hybrids....
I've just bought a pre-registered Dec 2017 3.0SDV6 Hybrid Autobiography Dynamic with 17 miles on clock.....Loads of extra fitted electric deployable side-steps and tow-bar, mud flaps all around, sliding panoramic roof, Farallon premium black (blue fleck)..

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
903 Posts
Lucky.

My dad is considering the petrol hybrid when it hits the US.

MB is a little apprehensive to order an ML for him unless he picks the same old tired left over colors that are stuck on the lots at the end of the year. If he doesn't like it they don't think they can sell it since it would have been painted an actual color not a shade of black or white.

Maybe they will make the Diesel Hybrid again and are only releasing them in stages.

The Defender is to get an electric option. Not sure if that rumor was full electric (maybe) PHEV which most if not all JLR products will have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts