RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed that the negative post on my Diehard Platinum battery spins. This is on my 2006 Range Rover. The clamp is tight on the post, and the car starts and runs fine, but the post spins back and forth. Is this a problem, or could this turn into a problem? Has anyone experienced this before? I thought about relocating the negative cable to the other negative post on the battery.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
659 Posts
I had a battery do that before. Mine failed rather quickly after that. So it won’t be long now.
Other negative terminal he is talking about is most likely the side.

Sent from my iPhone X

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I'm just going to replace the battery. It's over 5 years old anyway and I'm going on a long trip in a couple weeks. Looks like pep boys has some good deals on Bosch batteries.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Thats a great trivia question and had me stumped so good for you luis. Expensive battery for a failure

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,148 Posts
Don't know if this link works or not, but Pep boys is having a 20% off sale if you order on line. You can even pay and pick up in the store if you have one nearby as long as you order it online. I bought the HB-900 non AGM Bosch platinum battery last spring for about $140 in a similar sale and so far so good. They have the HB-850, HB-900 and the AGM batteries all on sale for between $136 and $176 depending on the model you want.

https://www.pepboys.com/car-batteries/c/19447/2006/LAND ROVER/RANGE ROVER/V8-4394 4.4L DOHC

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. That's exactly what I did. Ordered the Bosch AGM online on Tuesday, and picked the battery up last night at Pep Boys. Total cost with tax was $191. I might be getting a $40 mail in rebate too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts