RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I just received a 2015 SVR with 7000 miles on it from a used car dealer in NY. He had told me the car was originally sold in Canada and they imported it to the US. He also told me the speedometer was in KPH but could be changed to MPH.

Well the car was bought sight unseen and shipped to me and I received it this evening. It is in great condition in every way, except I can't find a way to change the large "analog looking" TFT speedometer from kph to mph. There is a much smaller digital numerical speedometer that can be set to mph, but not the large one?

Has anybody had any success being able to change this? I called the used car dealer in NY tonight and he says it should "be no big deal" since the smaller digital read out is in mph. He says I should "just get used to it". I told him he should take it back since it was misrepresented to me. He says, " we don't do returns". Any advice?

thanks,

Dan

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,982 Posts
Click settings and it will say to choose between mph or kph. I think it is metric vs US.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi Folks,

I just received a 2015 SVR with 7000 miles on it from a used car dealer in NY. He had told me the car was originally sold in Canada and they imported it to the US. He also told me the speedometer was in KPH but could be changed to MPH.

Well the car was bought sight unseen and shipped to me and I received it this evening. It is in great condition in every way, except I can't find a way to change the large "analog looking" TFT speedometer from kph to mph. There is a much smaller digital numerical speedometer that can be set to mph, but not the large one?

Has anybody had any success being able to change this? I called the used car dealer in NY tonight and he says it should "be no big deal" since the smaller digital read out is in mph. He says I should "just get used to it". I told him he should take it back since it was misrepresented to me. He says, " we don't do returns". Any advice?

thanks,

Dan
Did you scroll through the set up options from the button on the left side of the steering wheel. Should be able to choose/change those options from there.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,982 Posts
Only if bought new will you get an owners manual. Usually signing up to forums like rangerovers.net will suffice.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,783 Posts
Owners manual is free for viewing on the Land Rover site. It will answer most new owner questions much faster than waiting for a forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Isn;t that in the owners manual? 8-|=

Owners manual is free for viewing on the Land Rover site. It will answer most new owner questions much faster than waiting for a forum.
Thanks for the advice. Indeed I do have the owner's manual. And even read it. ;)

It shows how to change the numerical digital display between kph and mph, but I did not see where it indicated how to change the large TFT "dial" style speedometer. Also went through all the menu's and sub-menu's and couldn't find where to change it.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,783 Posts
THis can still be changed by the dealer as a market setting in the main programming. As a side note, it is a root requirement for whomever imported your rig to NY to ensure that all instrumentation is in NAS format. It never should have made it to your door with KPH being displayed. Contact the selling dealer NY and make sure they arrange for and cover any costs at your local dealer to have the main market setting changed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
THis can still be changed by the dealer as a market setting in the main programming. As a side note, it is a root requirement for whomever imported your rig to NY to ensure that all instrumentation is in NAS format. It never should have made it to your door with KPH being displayed. Contact the selling dealer NY and make sure they arrange for and cover any costs at your local dealer to have the main market setting changed.

Now that is useful information! Thank you. I did call my local Landrover dealership today and asked them if they could change it. The service advisor called me back and said the "master technician" said it couldn't be done. I would love it if they were wrong. Could you please tell me where you got your information from as I would like to direct my local dealership to it.

thanks!

Dan

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Interestingly my new 2015.5 had everything in British units. Even the date format and drive side selection were were British. It was easy going in menus and changing them to US units. Am surprised to hear someone say they can't change the readout, but I don't remember if those big numbers were in British too, but I recall it displayed KPH. I'll double check again tomorrow. I have noticed it resets to British after a software update at the dealer. I usually seat in adjust all my setting back before I leave when they have me back the car. The last update however didn't seem to affect anything except the chameras view and parking assist.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Hi Folks,

thanks,

Dan
this thread might help your service folks. http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/post273815.html
Granted, it's about the previous version but it might be the same thing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the link...I definitely had not seen it before. Since the IIDTool from GAP Diagnostics will switch the settings from kph to mph, does it imply that the dealer should also be able to do it with their diagnostic equipment?

I'm not sure how these instruments work. I would be happy to buy this tool if it were the only way to change the speedometer.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
yes. the dealer can do this. I'm not sure if it's part of their training, but they can do it. They probably don't have many such cases, so the person you spoke to might totally have been honest, to his/her knowledge. show them one of these links, they should be able to pick it up from there.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Reviving this old thread. I’m in the same situation where I have a 2014 Canadian model RRS Supercharged Dynamic that shows the speedometer dial in kph. I am able to turn mph on in the digital speedometer, but I do not have an option to set the speedometer dial in the menu. My local dealer originally thought it was possible to change, but they failed to figure it out once I brought the car to them. The link shows some different options in the menu than what I see in my car, so maybe that is related to the UK market or the year of the vehicle.

I have a small amount of hope that there is some setting that can be changed that will display the speedometer dial, so i will be indebted to anyone who has any details.

·
Registered
337 Posts
just buy the gap iid tool and change it that way the dealers in the USA have no idea about anything

the tool will run you $600 (i think maybe a bit more) and you can diagnose, lower, code, etc alot more and it will pay for itself after a couple of uses

1 - 20 of 38 Posts