RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a used 06 RR supercharged and the exterior is stornoway grey. This isn't listed as a color option for 06's as far as I can tell and a bit of a search doesn't show up any other 06 stornoways. Anyone out there have any insight on this? It's in the US by the way.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
AFAIK, Bonatti Grey was used throughout MY06 (not only on RR, RRS and LR3 went through the same switch for MY07 - also Zambezi became Zermatt silver), so that car should be Bonatti, but if it was a real late 06 production, who knows... Kind of hard to tell from a picture since the two colors are so similar (Bonatti grey being a shade or two lighter than Stornoway, I think), if the dealer was willing to pop the hood open the color tag / code should be right there to verify.

·
Registered
232 Posts
there is very little betwen the two colours - separately you would be very hard pressed to tell the difference, park the two side by side and the easiest way I can tell is that the Stornoway has a very slightly purple tinge to it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
further to my two posts above, I wouldn't take that much notice of MY's - there is inevitable bleed over from one year to the rest. I have been round the LR factory in GB and believe me, they don't just fully change a spec of a vehicle for a new MY, the new MY features usually bleed in over a short period of time - hence some 06 vehicles may have some of the features of the 07 - even if its not listed as spec for your vehicle.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
umbertob said:
AFAIK, Bonatti Grey was used throughout MY06 (not only on RR, RRS and LR3 went through the same switch for MY07 - also Zambezi became Zermatt silver), so that car should be Bonatti, but if it was a real late 06 production, who knows... Kind of hard to tell from a picture since the two colors are so similar (Bonatti grey being a shade or two lighter than Stornoway, I think), if the dealer was willing to pop the hood open the color tag / code should be right there to verify.
Bonatti is the Darker one - I have one!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
198 Posts
Gazellio said:
umbertob said:
Bonatti is the Darker one - I have one!
Not only is Bonatti the darker one, it has the more of a purple tint to it. More than i can even tell on the stornoway grey.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts