RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Need your help.

I have no possibility to synch remote fobs with my car. I try all possible procedures, check all microswitches and verify did fob signal is recognized by BeCM (BeCM is waked up when fob switches are pressed what means that RF receiver ywy500170 recognized RR data transfer). Even BeCM was unlocked to check did fob code wasn't corrupted. Conclusion- for those moment did not found any fault. Until today...
When used nanocom to force superlocking front doors I have possibility to hear short sound of electric motor. When I force rear latches to superlock by nanocom I can't hear anything.
Could be that (caused by battery flat issue) my rear superlock motors has gone? Did rear superlock motors has to be OK to enable fob synchronisation (all doors lock and unlock w/o any problems - only have no possibility to superlock rear doors)?

br,
mariusz

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4,195 Posts
Superlocking motors shouldn't have an effect on being able to sync the fob, as the syncronisation works on detecting a change in state of the key switch in the drivers door to initiate the BECM into listening for a fob code.

However, you should be able to unplug the rear door locks as they are driven directly from the BECM then you can eliminate them from the problem.

Does the vehicle start and drive normally otherwise?

It could also be that even though the BECM has a code stored in it for the Fob, it could have been corrupted (like the EKA can be) and is now mismatched to the ID the key sends when it transmits.

I would double check the key switch in the drivers door latch first, as the rest of the central locking system will still work if it has failed (the vehicle just thinks it's been locked from inside)

Marty

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Marty for suport,

Car starts normally when EKA is entered via door latch or when alarm,immobiliser and EKA is disabled by Nanocom (if mobilized then p1668 fault is pop up). Fob Code record stored in BeCM was OK (checked with FobCode decoded from LockSetBarCode for my VIN). Key Switches verified by Nanocom as well to confirm not only switches corectness but as well power lines. I have possibility to replace logic board of BeCM programmed to my vehicle. I should confirm or refuse BeCM fault theory. I will report back my observation after that.
Keep fingers crossed!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4,195 Posts
If the switches all test ok, the fob code in the BECM is ok, and the receiver appears to be working ok then there are only a couple of places left that the problem could be. 1) BECM logic board - and it isn't processing the received code properly or something in the deeper coding has been corrupted so even though the fob codes are correct, they aren't being accepted for whatever reason.

The other place it could be is the key - if it's had an issue and is now transmitting an incorrect/scrambled signal for any reason.

Of the 2, the BECM is possibly more likely to be the cause as they are known for having other problems, and there are more external influences aswell (bigger voltages, more power going through it etc)

I would be inclined to lean towards going the BECM route first if it isn't too costly. Out of interest what is the cost of getting the logic board cloned over there?

If it is the logic board that is at fault, then I might be interested in getting the old one off you if that is possible, to be able to see if I can find out where the fault lies - I've got a few of the boards kicking around, but I don't think any of them have the fob not syncing issue.

Good luck with getting the logic board swapped - I hope it solves the problems for you!

Marty

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello again,

finally get some free time to check that system again. I took working fob from my friend car and reprogram fob code in my BeCM to mach new fob. Central locking starts to work directly after sync procedure what confirm me that my bouth fobs are dead (simple method: one short push on close button then turn key to close latch mechanically and it's all).
Wery confusing is fact that bouth fobs are waking up BeCM even if I have improved RF receiver. Seems to be that fobs can fail partially (still sending waking up signal recognized by YWY500170 but core code probably is corrupted somehow).

Did somebody know where I can try repair fob electronic plate before new fob ordering? Maybee replacement of chip from my fob to used but still working other used fob could solve problem?

best regards,
Mariusz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts