Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a Xenon headlight out on my 2008 RRS. The bulb was not the issue. Local foreign repair shop did the following. Was this a fair price????

$324.98 - replaced the ECU, adaptive front headlight. Part only.
$237.50 - labor 2 and 1/2 hours to take out and replace. Mentioned that glove box and fuse box had to be removed to get to the ECU unit. Also, this includes the scan and diagnostic to find the fault, code B1DOO-15. He also took the time to change the right and left module to make sure it wasn't that, which it wasn't.

Your thoughts, please?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm not really sure what was done reading your post. Sounds like your problem was the ballast/igniter which does go for about $300. I have no idea what the other malarkey with removing glove box/fuse box is all about. I may have to look again, but on my 06 RRS with adaptive xenons the ballast is on the headlight housing and the ballast is held in with three screws.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,015 Posts
The AFS control module that activates the swiveling motors in the headlight assemblies is indeed located smack behind the passenger compartment fuse box which, in order to be removed, also requires removal of lower glove box and kick panel. All true. The whole process of removal and reassembly should take no more than 20-30 minutes to a skilled tech (it's just a handful of strategically positioned screws, nuts and electrical connectors, no special tools are needed), but if you've never done it before I guess it could take longer. Not 2+ hours, though.

A big chunk of that labor fee must have gone into chasing the actual source of the problem by trial and error: That DTC (B1D0015) doesn't indicate a fault with the AFS module at all - it indicates power issues with the left hand low beam circuit. Who knows how they got there... Were they using Land Rover approved diagnostics or more generic scanners?

·
Premium Member
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
134 Posts
Actually, I was going to comment that the labor rate, which I figure to be about $95/hr isn't 'too' bad. I just took my daughters car in to have the PCM replaced and walked out with a $1019 bill, with labor at $116.00/hr!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Actually, I was going to comment that the labor rate, which I figure to be about $95/hr isn't 'too' bad. I just took my daughters car in to have the PCM replaced and walked out with a $1019 bill, with labor at $116.00/hr!
I'm in the wrong line of work! :?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.