Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They were driving a RRS SC, Jeep and Escalade, I loved it!! I think the RRS SC did very well, except some water leakage from the dome light :)

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
149 Posts
didn't see it but would love to. Is it the African special?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,015 Posts
It's the poorman's version (the American Top Gear...), I can't bring myself to watch it. I did watch both African episodes of the "proper" Top Gear on the BBC, what an adventure that one was. Their best one yet, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
didn't see it but would love to. Is it the African special?
No, this was the American version, normally painful to watch but I endured it to see how the RRS did.

They need to change the cast immediately, I would vote for Adam Carolla and Alonzo Boden, who did 101 Cars you must drive.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
I caught the last 7 minutes of it. Pretty awesome. The RRS came out on top. I saw the final of them climbing the ski slope. Srt8 stayed at the lodge. Escalade blew apart its front bumper and got stuck very early and the sport made it almost to the top spinning hard the whole way. At one time he said they were spinning at 65 and he was doing maybe 20...

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
It's the poorman's version (the American Top Gear...), I can't bring myself to watch it. I did watch both African episodes of the "proper" Top Gear on the BBC, what an adventure that one was. Their best one yet, IMHO.
Yes, the African one was brilliant umbertbob, as was the Vietnam one, a must watch if you haven't seen it, it's on Youtube.

Did anyone see the new FSRR episode? May was racing against 6-wheeled Military Vehicle in Nevada, through very rough terrain, an icy River and up the side of a mountain. ON ROAD TIRES!!

I have nothing but admiration for the team of engineers and designers who created the new RR, it's a technological miracle.

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Typical American Top Gear, but was fun to watch since it had the Sport.

Hilarious that the sunroof leaked and the air suspension malfunctioned. I did not expect it to out drag the SRT8...they aren't very scientific on tests, but the Sport just walked on that Jeep.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Typical American Top Gear, but was fun to watch since it had the Sport.

Hilarious that the sunroof leaked and the air suspension malfunctioned. I did not expect it to out drag the SRT8...they aren't very scientific on tests, but the Sport just walked on that Jeep.
The snow challenge should have the 1st to come back with a Christmas tree. `)

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
20 Posts
Fun episode, nice to see them tear it up on the beach, in the snow and through the vineyards.

·
Registered
468 Posts
The Australian version would probably rival the US version for painful to watch. Clarkson and May have just been in NZ for a race. May on one of the America's cup yacht v Clarkson in a Toyota Corrolla doing about 90mph up 90 mile beach

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
18 Posts
I've never seen the US version before, but decided to check out the episode on amazon. (worth the 2 bucks)

I'm not sure why they went out of their way to make sure that the caddy and the jeep won points on the first 2 rounds. the RRS, should have blown away the rest. The RRS spent an extra 30 minutes driving around in circles in the sand dunes while the Jeep was driving away...
I guess they wanted the added drama for tv.

Was cool to see that the RRS was able to make it up that far the mountain at the end. I think with better driving, it would have made it to the top.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
I'm left wondering how a Mclaren would have fared in this shootout...

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2013 RS, 2017 FFRR
4,515 Posts
That was AWESOME!!! I love it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts