RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got one of those DICE iPod adapters and began installing it (not completely finished running the wire all the way up to the console) and testing. It seems to work okay, I didn't get to mess with it much because I was running short on time but sound was coming thru. I did notice that now my navigation voice is gone. If the radio is on, the volume does lower itself but there is no navigation voice anymore. What happen? Is this common with these DICE setups?

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
I seem to remember that happening to mine, (when I had an iPod), and had activated the text. It killed the Nav voice and would over ride the Nav in general when playing (with the Text on). I haven't plug it back in, to try it with iPhone.

·
Registered
33 Posts
After installing my DICE I noticed that the nav voice was not as loud as before. I'm not sure what the deal is, but I don't use the nav much anyway so it's not a big deal for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
powerfiend said:
I just got one of those DICE iPod adapters and began installing it (not completely finished running the wire all the way up to the console) and testing. It seems to work okay, I didn't get to mess with it much because I was running short on time but sound was coming thru. I did notice that now my navigation voice is gone. If the radio is on, the volume does lower itself but there is no navigation voice anymore. What happen? Is this common with these DICE setups?
Yeah thats what it seems like, but since my nav voice was pretty low before, now I cant hear it at all. It just doesnt seem right. How do you increase the volume of the nav voice....wait let me guess, dealer setting, right?

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi,

I just posted a similiar thread, but saw this and figured I would ask you guys, seeing as you have recently done this install.....I am going install my dice system and had a couple of questions.

The install instructions said to disconnnet both terminals of the battery before installing, did u guys do this. reason why i ask is because in the owners manual states not to disconnect the '+' end because it is fitted with a pyrotechnic charge and should only be removed by a perfessional.

also last question was (which i asked on my other thread) when/if you disconnected the battery did you need a security code for the radio when you reconnected, which the dice instructions stated I may need.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
ndnrr said:
hi,

I just posted a similiar thread, but saw this and figured I would ask you guys, seeing as you have recently done this install.....I am going install my dice system and had a couple of questions.

The install instructions said to disconnnet both terminals of the battery before installing, did u guys do this. reason why i ask is because in the owners manual states not to disconnect the '+' end because it is fitted with a pyrotechnic charge and should only be removed by a perfessional.

also last question was (which i asked on my other thread) when/if you disconnected the battery did you need a security code for the radio when you reconnected, which the dice instructions stated I may need.

Thanks
You should pull the neg term on the batt, and when you fire it back up turn the steering wheel left lock then right lock to reset the steering angle sensor. You will not need codes for the radio.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ndnrr said:
hi,

Thanks
I disconnected both being a newbie to range ownership, I read about the pyro charge also but did it anyway. I got a code set request when I reconnected it but I didn't put in the code since I don't know it and everything was still fine. The part I'm still trying to figure out is how to run the wire up the carpet to the center console.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
ndnrr said:
... because it is fitted with a pyrotechnic charge and should only be removed by a perfessional....
(sic)

What, it's booby trapped?

So what do you do when you need to replace the battery? Call the bomb squad?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
03rangiemark said:
ndnrr said:
... because it is fitted with a pyrotechnic charge and should only be removed by a perfessional....
(sic)

What, it's booby trapped?

So what do you do when you need to replace the battery? Call the bomb squad?
LOL, Thats awesome exactly what I was thinking....I could see the AAA truck now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts