RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the DICE Ipod adapter for their IPhone connection on the 03 Range Rover? http://www.autosoundcentral.com/DICE_El ... p/irrt.htm
It sounds like a workable solution and basically plug and play for the MKIII 03-05 Rovers for the IPhone.. Looking for workable solution for IPhone 3GS to play songs thru factory radio and charge phone at same time..price seems ok.. any comments?

·
Registered
8 Posts
just fitted the dice silverline pro to my 03 rr, and it does simply plug in to the cd changer harness. You will need to dismantle the glove box to get to the back of your cd changer though.
you get steering wheel control of the volume & track selection. You can choose to have the nav unit or instrument cluster displaying tracks artist info & the ipod gets charged .
check compatibility of your ipod /phone before you buy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks go out to 658 serg for swaying me into this with his positive comments... I took the plunge and picked one up, came in today... very nice, very easy install... this one provides a radio interface cable which plugs into the radio instead of the cd changer in glove box... (does disable use of CD player though) came with extension cable to run up front.. ran along left side and driver seat into cubby; cable comes out easy and Iphone 3gs charges and can make and receive calls .. it auto mutes tunes and resumes when call finished.. have set now showing song title and album on speedo readout as I use the MKIV Nav map on main screen...haven't played with all the features yet but am very happy to have found a good solution for using my Iphone while on the road or trips (way to justify upgrade to 32 mb iphone!) .. audio quality is fine, no ticking or anything. Steering wheel controls work with track changes as well as volume adjustments.. Happy camper now...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everybody I am considering also switching to dice but my L322 has DSP did you buy DSP adapter from Dice or just plug the silverline right in.

·
Registered
256 Posts
It looks like DICE is no longer making this unit. I just had an irritating exchange the AutoSoundCreations about it.

So...what is the latest and greatest out there for '03-'05 RRs? I need everything: iPhone adaptor, Bluetooth, Nav, etc.

Help?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts