RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,952 Posts
The first is a cable for use with the RSW Solutions free EAS software and a cable for use with the free EasyOBD software. So you are buying a couple of cables and some free software on a disc printed up to make it look like it is a Land Rover product which it isn't. I suspect you could buy the two separately for less than that, the EAS software and cable, complete with USB-RS232 adapter usually costs around £20. EasyOBD can be downloaded and a cable made.

The second is a cable and the RSW Solutions software again but without the OBD stuff. Price isn't too bad compared to prices in the UK, but nothing special.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gilbert.

So as far as I understand software wise both are free ( RSW Solutions EAS Software & Easy OBD ) correct? If so by any chance do you have a link to get them?

Cable wise I understand that what I need is either an OBD to Serial RS232 cable or an OBD to USB cable? my lap top has both

Thanks in advance

Raul

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello and TGF.

Thanks to fellow farum member rolladover the serial cable is arriving later today. I've been doing some reading and eveyrbody mention using the RSW older software with Windows XP and Vista. Does anybody have experience on Windows 8?? My laptop does have the serial port.

Thanks in advance.

Raul

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,100 Posts
Raul,
Shoot Storey an email via his site and ask him mate, he is VERY helpful.

Martin

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Martin but there was no need for it...

Cable arrived and
it works perfectly at first try in my newer Toshiba Windows 8 ( that of course don't have a serial port ) and via the USB 3.0 ( rolledover send the cable along with a good serial to USB adapter ) nothing to configure and nothing to change in the laptop. EAS Fault / 35 MPH Max fault message cleared. I have another post on the repairs area where I'm following the actual issue.

20150222_174405 2.jpg

Thanks to you all for your help an suggestions that as always helped a lot.

Regards

Raul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
pato69mx
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing