RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, can anyone suggest a reasonably priced diagnostic tool that I can use on the p38 to communicate with the BECM that will allow me to make settings changes etc.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
770 Posts
Not cheap, but a nanocom evo gives you some access to settings, otherwise I believe a lynx does aswell but don’t hold me to it. What are you looking at changing ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not cheap, but a nanocom evo gives you some access to settings, otherwise I believe a lynx does aswell but don’t hold me to it. What are you looking at changing ?
I mainly want to change the transmission settings from auto to manual, to set the speedometer error message, and be able to use it in the future to clear any codes.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Only one I have used that goes deep into the Becm, is a Faultmate from BBS.
It was invaluable when doing my LSx swap. TekPro etc dont come close, and the RSW stuff is useless on a P38 unfortunately.
Look at Blackbox Solutions' website and see what their newer kit covers. If it doesn't come close to an actual Faultmate though, just get that

Martin

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only one I have used that goes deep into the Becm, is a Faultmate from BBS.
It was invaluable when doing my LSx swap. TekPro etc dont come close, and the RSW stuff is useless on a P38 unfortunately.
Look at Blackbox Solutions' website and see what their newer kit covers. If it doesn't come close to an actual Faultmate though, just get that

Martin
thank you, I'll have a look!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts