RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've just ran a diagnotic with RSWsolutions V4 tool and got the following results;

misfire with low/empty fuel Drive cyle C; signal out of range - above max.

rough road signal implausable Drive cycle A; signal out of range - above max.

catalyst damaging misfire cyl. 3 Drive cycle C; signal out of range - above max.

catalyst damaging misfire multiple cylinders Drive cycle C; signal out of range - above max.

What's the problem and how can I fix it?

Bosch '01 4.6 150+k miles

cheers

·
Registered
930 Posts
Other than the diagnostics results, do you notice any abnormalities with the car? Smoke, vibration, etc?

The way I usually diagnose is to do a scan as well as to check for any noticeable issue with the car, such as vibration or smoke. After that, I would record the codes and reset it. Then, run the car around the block and see what's back on the scan tool.

You should come back here with more info, such as how the car is behaving. At this point, it can be pretty much anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks TheoR, I've only noticed a ticking sound from the top of the engine, so I'll try that and get back.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Clean the MAF & O2 sensors, and change the spark plugs. Then reset the ECU & drive it a bit (some slow, & some like you stole it). It's UK car so probably only has pre-cat O2 sensors. Also check when the Cats were last changed ?

Then redo the diagnostics. If it's still got errors the diagnostics should give an idea what might be wrong.

If you know any friendly MOT places, get them to check the emissions without doing MOT. It will give a good idea what might need doing. Remember for UK MOT it needs to pas the exhaust sniff test rather than the US OBD checks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts