RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a little bit of backround. rover went into a hard fault and i just replaced the bags last night. today I manually jumped it up per the tips on the site. After doing the passenger side ones i was no longer getting a constant at the #1 pin. So i used a 12 volt source from the stereo to jump the pump to run the other two springs full enough for me to drive to the friends house with the rover software. I got there and he could read the current settings of the suspension and run all other operations but the computer kept giving us a message that the connection could not be made and to recycle the ingnition. i tried to put a 12v wire into the #1 pin and have him hook up the laptop to see if that would give the eas ecu power and clear the faults but to no avail. im kind of out of ideas. Anybody know what pin should be ground and what should be power? when i used a test meter at his shop it was saying the #1 pin was giving me a ground?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Power from pin 1 comes from the timer, if door is closed, only works for 1 min.
Make shure the wire is not pinched and the terminal is not hogged out from jumping the circuit. Also check anything you previously touched to verify all connections and fuses

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the doors were never locked. i checked all fuses in the engine compartment and all had power on both sides, as did all of the fuses in the fuse box under the right hand seat. im really stumped.

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Just a thought here, but you do know that the EAS does not activate until all doors, hatch and tailgate are closed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i know that eas wont activate with doors open, but would that effect the ability for the computer to sync up with the system?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Someone recommended me to this sight, I think its the best investment you can make. The Buddy Box. I would get the one that you can download errors.

http://www.rswsolutions.com/

I am not associated in any way, jsut passing on the good advice I got thanks to this forum.

Mark

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
pin 1 is +12v, 18 is ground.

the comms problem is a bad wire, in the kick panel just forward of the hood release (bonnet pull) on LHD models. There's 2 white mulit-plugs that according to Murphy, the pollen filters will leak onto and corrode the connectors. Again Mr Murphy postulates that the one wire that goes bad is one of the EAS comms wires, fix it and all is well. Took me 3 weeks to find that on Darcy,

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i checked those white plugs and there was no corrosion. i took it into my work today, keeler motor car, and hooked it up to their computer and the computer hooked right up and cleared my fault, im all set now. must of been my friends laptop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts