RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a problem connecting code readers to my l332 vogue SE tdv8. I have two code readers that both come up with LINK ERROR on the screen when trying to scan through the OBD2 port. I have checked all fuses and nothing is blown, both these readers work perfectly with my other two cars Bmw 325 ti and vw golf gti. I’m hoping someone else has heard of this issue before and has an idea on what’s up ! The OBD port has voltage as it’s powering the code readers.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,947 Posts
try disconnecting one or both of the headlights and the wiper motors for the headlights

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
52 Posts
Are your code readers designed for the Land Rover/Jaguar? I know that my code reader that works perfectly on my 2004 HSE will not work on your 2007.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In 2001 the European union set out a new law that states all cars produced in the EU after 2001, must have a standard SAEJ1962 connector OBD2 port installed that can be accessed with in arms reach of the driver. The scan protocol has to read by even the simplest of code readers to comply with the new legislation so yes my code readers should work. my local garage tried plugging in a couple of very expensive code readers but they had the same problem of not being able to connect to the ECU.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why would unplugging the lights affect this issue ? my car doesn't have wiper motors on the headlights.

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
check for corrosion in the port, bent pins or pins pushed in too far make contact. don't forget the diagnostics fuse.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I’ll check the pins for corrosion and if they are loose. I tested the resistance across pins 6 and 14 with my DVM and it read 62 ohms is this as it should be ? I tested the can bus lines coming out of one of the control units and it read around 120 ohms.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all connections are good in the DLC port, fuze is ok

1 - 8 of 8 Posts