Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the stealership yesterday to get my front brakes/rotors replaced and to change out the brake oil (only $895...not bad in my opinion), I also wanted them to check out a squeaky noise coming from the front end when going over bumps. At first, they couldn't find anything after doing a short drive. Then the next day they went to a parking lot that had speed bumps and they heard the noise. Found out it was the front sway bar and bushings. LUCKILY warranty will cover the cost...BUT I still have to pay for the diagnostic fee = $120. Does that sound right?? I still get charge for a diagnostic fee even though they are fixing the issue???

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
81 Posts
You must have some kind of extended warranty if they're replacing sway bar bushings on an 07 right? What does the warranty state in terms of covering diagnostic costs? A friend of mine at the dealer did tell me that some of the warranties don't cover the costs of diagnostic stuff - especially electronic.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Ext warranty and they don't cover the diag fee. I thought with any shop, if you get the work done there then they won't charge you the diag fee.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Yes. Ext warranty and they don't cover the diag fee. I thought with any shop, if you get the work done there then they won't charge you the diag fee.
That would seem to be the correct thing to do, especially swaybar bushings which don't require a lot of skill to diagnose. Heck most people on the forum could diagnose that for you. I would ask that it be waived and if they deny your request put up a bit of stink about it

I would be curious if the proposed fix does not solve the issue, they would refund their diagnostic fee? Quid pro quo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.