RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here’s what I’ve come to notice: my radio will only work when it’s below 40 degrees or so. It will consistently start up, no frozen navigation screen. Otherwise, I can expect it not to work.

Anyone have any suggestions? I’m thinking something (a wire or hardware) is exposed to moisture and when it gets cold enough, that moisture freezes and contracts, and thus prevents a possible short to ground because there’s a break in contact. I’m just spitballing here.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,459 Posts
When the radio refuses to play, do you also have an issue with Bluetooth not working? Given that radio, navigation, amplifier and bluetooth module are all connected via the MOST ring, in my case and others, when the bluetooth module failed, I'd get no music either. I replaced the module, and all was back to normal.

Also worthwhile double checking that the connector to the amplifier for the fiber optic cable beneath the passenger seat is tight...disconnect and reconnect.

Other than that, has any liquid spilled over the face plate of the radio or from the dash?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a similar strange issue. When it is very cold and the battery is low, the radio display will work great. When everything is
"good" the display is dim and fuzzy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here’s what I’ve come to notice: my radio will only work when it’s below 40 degrees or so. It will consistently start up, no frozen navigation screen. Otherwise, I can expect it not to work.

Anyone have any suggestions? I’m thinking something (a wire or hardware) is exposed to moisture and when it gets cold enough, that moisture freezes and contracts, and thus prevents a possible short to ground because there’s a break in contact. I’m just spitballing here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had water or moisture and heard the amp blow. I called Land Rover and the knew but that’s how they make their money. Purchased a used amp on eBay. Working like a charm. Don’t believe that pos/negative reboot story of there’s no sound and the screen is on 95% if Bluetooth mod is bypassed it’s the amp. Enjoy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts