RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have a 1998 P38 with an ABS light on. I hooked up my Nanocom, and the codes I pulled were... basically everything. Wiring failure, short to ground on every modulator, open circuits on every modulator, a couple of codes described as "fault not assigned," which was odd, and a couple of air gap faults. I attempted to clear the faults, which it said it did, but all the codes persisted. Is the Nanocom just reading the codes wrong, or is the ABS ECU toast?

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
241 Posts
I know you say everything, but could you possibly list out the codes if it isn't too much? Are the codes only for the ABS? I notice this is your first post so I'm just guessing that the p38 is fairly new to you? A bunch of what seem to be random codes is sometimes indicative of a bad fuse box. But won't know more until you can list the codes out for us.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know you say everything, but could you possibly list out the codes if it isn't too much? Are the codes only for the ABS? I notice this is your first post so I'm just guessing that the p38 is fairly new to you? A bunch of what seem to be random codes is sometimes indicative of a bad fuse box. But won't know more until you can list the codes out for us.
The codes are only for the ABS, correct. As far as I could tell, the Nanocom doesn't give blink code numbers, so they don't really correspond to what I've found online. The "wiring failure" code, for example, doesn't seem to match anything. What I can say is that I'm getting a short circuit code for all 3 modulators, an open circuit code for all three modulators (which makes no sense), and an Air Gap code for the rear right wheel speed sensor. I may try and pull blink codes instead when I get the opportunity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts