RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting to do my own oil changes on both trucks and would like to get a reset tool that will work for both Rover and Porsche...or do I have to buy 2 separate units?

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
63 Posts
I'd be interested to learn how this might be possible without a JLR-DOIP-VCI-WF (over $1k USD) and a programming subscription via TOPIx (~$40USD/hr, $100/day, $200/wk, $450/mo, $1100/yr).

AFAIK, the topside oil change is the standard method; I'm considering getting a Mityvac for mid-interval oil changes but, armed w/ my TOPIx documentation subscription (which I'd highly recommend to any owner), and not with a super-pricey tool and additional programming subscription, maybe I could do 'all' the service sans stealership pricing...

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually picked up an iCarsoft CR Plus as it covers 40 mfg's including the Porsche and LR...I did the wife's Cayenne using the Mityvac and could not be easier...the tool cleared and reset the service no problem...I checked the tool on the L405 and it only had the software up to 2015...I spoke with iCarsoft and they are working on the 16'-18' currently...however you can reset the service message using the gas / brake pedal method....the tool was under $200 on Amazon...the tool will also do the brake service too I figured it will meet my needs...

·
Registered
165 Posts
I use a Foxwell n520 on my 2009 Cayenne and have purchsed the Land Rover module - but its rubbish on a 1995 p38 :-(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts