1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people,

I am desperate for help

I have a 2015 early rrs HSE 3.0 have electric memory and heated seats

I picked up some good 2018 facelift svr seats got them all leather renewed as was ripped ext and now time to change over ...

I started with the driver side and thought id see if all operational ....

the connectors went in fine soo I assumed all would function however, the forward and back didn’t work but the back/ sides up and down.

soo it seems to me maybe the wireing is slightly different and maybe wires are not in right place from the connector

I looked and they look very similar I will attach images

I really want these in my car please advice next steps you would take please or any guidance tips

Attachments

·
Registered
L494 V8 SC Dynamic
428 Posts
That additional brown wire im guessing has something to do with your issues. Plug in the old seat, operate it while having a volt meter checking each wire to see what each one does.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Soo as of now the inflate and deflate work only and also I noticed the car battery drained fast ?

in ur opinion do you think a auto electrician would sort this ?

Thanks soo much for diagrams but where are the connectors I am looking at on these diagram 🙈

I think I may just pass them to auto electrician 👍

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi people,

I am desperate for help

I have a 2015 early rrs HSE 3.0 have electric memory and heated seats

I picked up some good 2018 facelift svr seats got them all leather renewed as was ripped ext and now time to change over ...

I started with the driver side and thought id see if all operational ....

the connectors went in fine soo I assumed all would function however, the forward and back didn’t work but the back/ sides up and down.

soo it seems to me maybe the wireing is slightly different and maybe wires are not in right place from the connector

I looked and they look very similar I will attach images

I really want these in my car please advice next steps you would take please or any guidance tips

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Oh I wouldn't even want to attempt to upgrade or correct any wiring problems as the RRS electronics/system is so bit(#y and complicated it makes my head hurt almost. OP, this is definitely a job for a talented Rover Tech that fully understands all L494's electronics inside and out. I don't think any ol' "auto electrician" is going to cut it unfortunately!

I learned the hard way after having to remove the entire front bumper to replace/repair a camera. I had to remove and reinstall everything twice due to 1 little prong on a male to female wiring harness being slightly bent/un-strait... Parking system, parallel parking, camera's, etc was all malfunctioning and drove me crazy. Got everything harness wise strait and reinstalled everything again like factory new after spending an entire afternoon in July heat. And that wasn't considering any upgraded components either.

Best of luck and hopefully you are happy with full functioning seats again!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts