RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After (too many) months of researching a new RRS (SCD), I finally went to place an order for a 2019, and today the dealer asked if I wanted the 19.5 or to wait a little longer on the 2020. Thought the 2020 might be best. A summer build.

Leaving a 2011 BMW M3, so have been a little hesitant about the switch.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
173 Posts
After (too many) months of researching a new RRS (SCD), I finally went to place an order for a 2019, and today the dealer asked if I wanted the 19.5 or to wait a little longer on the 2020. Thought the 2020 might be best. A summer build.

A summer build like when... July or August? Also, I have a build expected for delivery for late June (probably won't be able to pick it up until early July). If the 2020s are supposed to be starting this summer, maybe I can talk the dealer down on price since my 2019 will be an old model year by then???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hummm...... I went to my dealer to ask exactly when he would take an order for a 2020 SVR he said late April early May ???

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
46 Posts

Made the same switch myself, you will enjoy it. Still tempted to pick up another M3 in the future, but from a DD perspective, this is much more useful of a car. The V8 with the tune is a different type of beast than the S65 engine but a beast nonetheless.

·
Registered
74 Posts

Are you leasing? Did they have any residuals or MF numbers yet on ‘19.5 or ‘20 model years?

·
Registered
2 Posts
when you say summer build, when would the expected delivery be? I ordered a 2019.5 mhev almost 5-6 weeks ago and mine should be here June

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Placed deposit 2wks ago and told I’d be 2nd in line for the allocation which likely won’t be placed until May. Told it would be a midsummer delivery, but I’m anticipating August. Planning on purchase.

Still flirting with finding a SVR out there each day I wait...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm interested on when first deliveries will be - was going to wait for 2020 RRS SVR but my dealer said it likely wouldn't be here until spring. Maybe just trying to make me keep my current order but I'm sure I'll be happy with 19.5MY

·
Registered
276 Posts
guy, according to the pricing guide the first Build will be in June and deliveries are scheduled for summer.
If you live in the us it usually takes 2-3 months before we begin to see them. that is giving it a buffer. so if you get your order in early you are more likely to get the early one's customer order take priority over inventory.

Is it possible to get it earlier? Yes it is but don't bank on it, better to be surprised than disappointed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
guy, according to the pricing guide the first Build will be in June and deliveries are scheduled for summer.
TO further comment on bills timeline, and If you can take a dealers word for it; The summer deliveries are not expected until august on the early side and most likely September here in the US.

So end of summer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts