RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up MY2017 and the deployable side step on the driver’s side is stuck in the out position. The screen says consult your dealer (I’m already going there this week for a software update) but is there a way to reset them in the meantime?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Why don’t you google it? I love the laziness of these forums!

“2017 Range Rover l405 deployable side steps operation”

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
He said one is stuck, not how they operate. To op there was a thread recently where someone had a similar issue and the remedy was pushing on it during retraction to un-stick it. That is assuming it's stick because it's jammed up and not because it has suffered some type of failure. The first week I had my car I locked them in the out position made sure all the wiring was clean/clear and then marine greased all the moving components.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah - I did Google and YouTube this issue but there was nothing, hence I asked on the forum. I’m not lazy, how about trying to read the issue asked rather than being rude.

Brad, thanks. I did wash the underneath thoroughly but that hasn’t solved the issue. There is no answer out there other than “consult your dealer”

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I had one stuck before, I ended up pushing down hard on it with my foot and it went back up after the next lock/unlock.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Djsaad1 - I’ve jumped up and down on it many times and nothing is working - I changed the fuses and nothing - the drivers side one is just plain stuck!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Ok if you read about how to enable and disable the side steps that might cause the steps to work again. You hold the button down for 3 seconds then turn the ignition button without pressing the brake pedal. This pic, shows under the car exactly where the wiring harness connects to the steps. Especially if your side step is deployed you can reach in and disconnect the harness and replug the harness in. The other is buying a cheap code reader. Sometimes my step rails wouldn’t work until I cleared codes. Pep boys auto zone oreilleys will clear codes for free. But. Take pics of the codes for dealer if the above doesn’t works. Also the GAP Diagnostic will save you numerous trips to the dealer. It’s only 450.00 but does amazing things. Sorry. For being a dick earlier.
CA4F0EA0-817B-4A0D-A746-36EEBC25ACFE.jpeg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow Mark, thanks so much. I will definitely try these out - no worries, things can get lost in context easily - we r good!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTW what "button" do you hold down? I have the "Deployable Side Steps" on my screen but when you hit that it just says "Deployable Side Steps not available - Consult your Dealer."

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is what shows on the screen - I also found this device in the glove (some sort of diagnostic tool) but I have no idea how to access it (I can plug it in but then what?).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts