RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 2018 back from service the other day and the deployable side steps are not working at all, no icon on the touch screen anymore as well. It's going to take a few weeks before I can get back to service, just wondering if anyone else experienced this, and if there is an easy solution. Are they possibly unplugged somewhere?

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
913 Posts
I'm not sure but I would guess that maybe the service tech disabled your steps for some reason during your last visit to the dealer and forgot to enable them after the service. Check to see if there's an option in the vehicles settings to disable the side steps.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
20 Posts
I got my 2018 back from service the other day and the deployable side steps are not working at all, no icon on the touch screen anymore as well. It's going to take a few weeks before I can get back to service, just wondering if anyone else experienced this, and if there is an easy solution. Are they possibly unplugged somewhere?
They won't deploy if you put your truck in auto access mode when you put the truck in park. Or, when you bought your truck in for service they might of updated the BCM ( i believe) and forgot to tick the box asking if the deployable side steps are fitted to the vehicle. So, make sure access mode is off then go to the dealer to complain if that doesn't help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts