RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the electric side step kit from Land Rover Dealer and they said it has to be programmed by the dealer after the install. I have the instructions as a PDF file but there is no mention of coding by the dealer. It looks like plug and play.
Is this incorrect? Any help would be awesome.

·
Registered
960 Posts
It's plug and play, there is no programming required (at least on the 2010 and earlier versions). I have them working on my 06 except they don't open with the doors opening, or stay open while a door is open, they only stay open for about 60 seconds, or until the truck is put into gear. But they were never really designed for the 06's. I'm going to try and swap an 07 and up BCM into my truck to see if that will make them work with the doors this weekend.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's plug and play, there is no programming required (at least on the 2010 and earlier versions). I have them working on my 06 except they don't open with the doors opening, or stay open while a door is open, they only stay open for about 60 seconds, or until the truck is put into gear. But they were never really designed for the 06's. I'm going to try and swap an 07 and up BCM into my truck to see if that will make them work with the doors this weekend.
Oh OK. I asked the parts guy at the Dealer and he said he quite did not know. In the instructions, there is no mention that it has to be coded by the service folks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts