RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, this is my first post on here, I've a couple of question for anyone in continental Europe that has ordered a new RR recently. My local dealer quoted me a delivery time in November, is this the usual waiting time for a new RR? 6 months? I was tempted to contact a few dealers outside of my country just to see what delivery dates they are offering, but I came across this forum and thought I'd ask.

My chosen spec is Loire Blue SDV8 AB, with Navy seats, Indus silver panoramic roof (though I'm still on the fence about getting a body colored roof) and Style 4 wheels. Btw does anyone know if a Vogue SE spec will be made available for continental Europe? The UK gets it, middle east gets it too, and it is exactly what I wanted, the AB spec forces me to pay extra for a few things I don't want, and the Navy semi aniline seats are available as an option on the Vogue SE.
The dealer tells me that Loire Blue is replacing Baltic Blue, but they didn't have a sample of Loire, only Baltic. Has anyone seen it in person? Is it much different from Baltic? They also said delivery times are shorter for the TDV6, and also offered me a black SDV8 arriving sometime next month. I'm thinking they want to sell that V8, and quoted me such a long delivery time to put me off and buy the one they ordered.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
58 Posts
Delivery time of six month is rather short or seems to be the the normal case.

At least my dealer doesn't have the new color samples.
Asume it's the same game all over.

Don't know about the rest.

Located in Germany.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in UK so estimated delivery times would be different to continental Europe I guess. I'm being told order now for mid October delivery. My local dealer has a sample of the Loire Blue. Looks lovely and is very tempting, but I'm still going for Santorini Black. What interior colour you going for?

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
770 Posts
Hi everyone, this is my first post on here, I've a couple of question for anyone in continental Europe that has ordered a new RR recently. My local dealer quoted me a delivery time in November, is this the usual waiting time for a new RR? 6 months? I was tempted to contact a few dealers outside of my country just to see what delivery dates they are offering, but I came across this forum and thought I'd ask.

My chosen spec is Loire Blue SDV8 AB, with Navy seats, Indus silver panoramic roof (though I'm still on the fence about getting a body colored roof) and Style 4 wheels. Btw does anyone know if a Vogue SE spec will be made available for continental Europe? The UK gets it, middle east gets it too, and it is exactly what I wanted, the AB spec forces me to pay extra for a few things I don't want, and the Navy semi aniline seats are available as an option on the Vogue SE.
The dealer tells me that Loire Blue is replacing Baltic Blue, but they didn't have a sample of Loire, only Baltic. Has anyone seen it in person? Is it much different from Baltic? They also said delivery times are shorter for the TDV6, and also offered me a black SDV8 arriving sometime next month. I'm thinking they want to sell that V8, and quoted me such a long delivery time to put me off and buy the one they ordered.

Thanks!
I was at a launch event with 12 different color combination RRs, Baltic Blue with silver roof was by far the nicest classiest one there (my opinion obviously - although everyone who saw it agreed it was among top 3 combinations)...

I have ordered my ATB in this combination (well Loire blue now), silver roof... I opted for ivory interior with ivory headliner, but the blue+silver exterior is extremely classy... I hope Loire looks just like baltic blue....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in UK so estimated delivery times would be different to continental Europe I guess. I'm being told order now for mid October delivery. My local dealer has a sample of the Loire Blue. Looks lovely and is very tempting, but I'm still going for Santorini Black. What interior colour you going for?
I'm going for Loire Blue with the Navy/Cirrus interior which is an option on AB only in continental Europe as opposed to AB and Vogue SE in the UK and middle east.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was at a launch event with 12 different color combination RRs, Baltic Blue with silver roof was by far the nicest classiest one there (my opinion obviously - although everyone who saw it agreed it was among top 3 combinations)...

I have ordered my ATB in this combination (well Loire blue now), silver roof... I opted for ivory interior with ivory headliner, but the blue+silver exterior is extremely classy... I hope Loire looks just like baltic blue....
I just love blue, I normally buy most of my cars in blue, especially when buying new. From what the dealer told me Loire Bleu is very similar to Baltic, only "shinier" in certain conditions. I'm still debating over getting a silver roof or body coloured roof. Do you happen to have a picture from the launch event you attended? I'd love to see it in blue with silver roof, perhaps it will make my decision easier.
You should consider the Navy/Cirrus interior for a blue car, it looks absolutely fantastic imo. It's actually the only reason I'm going for AB. I'm envious of brits for their Vogue SE spec, which has navy/cirrus as an option and none of the other stuff that come standard on AB which I don't really want but have to pay for to get my preferred interior. Personally I would not recommend Ivory interiors, while they do look great, they are extremely hard to keep clean. The Navy/Cirrus interior is a good compromise because the seats themselves are completely Navy and that's where 90% of the cleaning is needed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this forum lark but I can say after seeing swatches in my local dealership that Loire blue is a deeper blue than Baltic and harks back to Adriatic Blue, the launch colour in 2002 when I had my first RR. I'm not sure why they have discontinued Baltic when it hasn't been around that long (temporarily displaced by Buckingham Blue after the Tsunami in Japan). I currently have a MY13 RR in Causeway Grey (V6 3.0 ATB) but after 8 weeks of driving I have ordered a replacement V8 4.4 ATB (an expensive mistake). Delivery in UK is a 5-6 month wait time. I'm going to go for Loire Blue but I would advise against the silver roof colour unless you want your RR to look like a Land Rover Sport (sorry.. Range Rover Sport I think they mistakenly call it) :) It's a personal preference but there are some things you shouldn't change on a proper RR.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, I'm new to this forum lark but I can say after seeing swatches in my local dealership that Loire blue is a deeper blue than Baltic and harks back to Adriatic Blue, the launch colour in 2002 when I had my first RR. I'm not sure why they have discontinued Baltic when it hasn't been around that long (temporarily displaced by Buckingham Blue after the Tsunami in Japan). I currently have a MY13 RR in Causeway Grey (V6 3.0 ATB) but after 8 weeks of driving I have ordered a replacement V8 4.4 ATB (an expensive mistake). Delivery in UK is a 5-6 month wait time. I'm going to go for Loire Blue but I would advise against the silver roof colour unless you want your RR to look like a Land Rover Sport (sorry.. Range Rover Sport I think they mistakenly call it) :) It's a personal preference but there are some things you shouldn't change on a proper RR.
May I ask what the problem was with your TDV6? Or what was it that you didn't like that you felt the need to order a new one with the V8?

Is this Loire Blue by any chance? Looks like it has a purple hue to it.

2014_land-rover_range-rover-sport_f34_fd_502131_717.jpg

·
Registered
50 Posts
I suspect the image you show is Loire Blue but the dullish daylightlight gives the deeper, darker colour a purple hue. It's so difficult looking at images on the pc. One of the launch colours for MY13 at Paris Motor Show was Barossa and it looked absolutely stunning under the lights on the YouTube videos (a deep plum colour) but when you see other pictures it looks horrendously purple and not a popular colour (as LR Customer Services themselves told me when I enquired). More than once I have bought a new RR choosing the colour from a swatch and so far so good - best look at the dealer's swatch for best representation (and outside the showroom). I asked if I could go to the manufacturing plant to see colours but was told a definite NO!. Anyway, to your real question. I would not criticise the V6 3.0 as a good product. It was certainly hyped up by dealers and LR staff (on a day's launch event when I drove it for a couple of hours). What I would say is that it does what it says on the tin, so to speak. In other words it DOES deliver the performance very close to my previous TDV8 4.4 model but it has to work so hard doing so. It's probably not noticeable so much in a short drive and probably not to passengers but two months of driving and you notice little things like constantly changing down gear going up hills, a slower and harsher pick-up, much higher revs and a "growl" which some people like but I got to find irritating. Having said that once it's going and on the flat you would find it hard to tell the difference unless you were driving it hard. It is a coup to get a RR with emissions under 200 (so half the UK car tax compared to previous model) and it will appeal to those interested in company car tax tables but whoever dreamed up 37.7 mpg must have been in another world. I can not get more than 28.6 mpg however I drive (but I did get the claimed 32.5 from the new SDV8 4.4 in a day's driving). The V6 is just too heavy even with half a ton removed and It comes down in my view to too big a drop in Bhp from 313 to 258. I probably would not have gone for a replacement so quickly had the dealer not been able to do a good deal as a regular customer. There is clearly a strong market out there for all variants, which is a consequence of LR limiting the production at the moment. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It does thanks, I've only driven a V8, and it felt like it had plenty of punch, was wondering about the V6 as well, because in my country it has a much lower annual tax on it. About 500 euros as opposed to 1200 for the V8.

I've found a few more pictures of the same RRS in what is most likely Loire Blue, right click and view them if they appear too small:
2014-Range-Rover-Sport02.jpg
2014-Range-Rover-Sport-images22.jpg
2014-Range-Rover-Sport04.jpg

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for the photos. better than I had expected. One more thing about the V8. It has one feature over the V6 that really makes a difference - Dynamic Response. It seems to work well with the stiffer chassis and really hugs the road with very noticeable less roll. Even my 85 year old mother made a comment about the difference (and she wouldn't normally take an interest in such niceties!). I understand they did not make it available on the V6 to keep the weight down.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
770 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys!

I guess its good we can each have our own opinions :) I absolutely love the blue/silver combination... I think it looks buch nicer than the blue/blue combo... I have owned a black p38, a green l322 05, which i still own, and still own a metallic black 10 sc l322... I think the blue/silver will be a good addition...

I thought about the navy interior, but in the end I preferred the ivory one... I currently own an ivory interior and take a lot of care... I think it has held up quite well and was comfortable with going into the same color again... but I do understand that if you arent as "meticulous" (i.e. annoyingly careful) with the car, the ivory interior will get screwed and stained pretty badly...

Here are the images i have from the event...
IMG_1071.JPG
IMG_1089.JPG

EDIT: just looking at the sport pic above and this one, i think the silver roof actually makes it look even bigger... which I like even more! :D I'm happy with my choice!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice pictures, it's great to see one in this exact color combination. A moderator might want to add "Loire blue" pics to the title as well, because we went offtopic and some others might be interested in seeing these pictures.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
201 Posts
Slightly off this topic. I have to agree about the ivory interior. Excellent choice. My current 2010 and two previous L322's have all been ivory.
Sure you have to take some care but they all held up really well (no sliding in and out of the seat otherwise you risk them loosing their matt finish) and I think the common notion that light colors, both interior and exterior, show more dirt is not proven in actual service.
Additionally light paint colors give the right amount of emphasis to the floating roof.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
770 Posts
Nice pictures, it's great to see one in this exact color combination. A moderator might want to add "Loire blue" pics to the title as well, because we went offtopic and some others might be interested in seeing these pictures.
Ops.. sorry bout that, my bad.. should have known better from my mod days! lol... That one is actually a baltic blue (because it is a 2013... a new order would be loire, and apparently quite similar)... I had the pleasure of spending a weekend immersed around 12 different color combinations and I can say without a shadow of doubt this color combination was incredible... The pictures dont even do it justice...

Slightly off this topic. I have to agree about the ivory interior. Excellent choice. My current 2010 and two previous L322's have all been ivory.
Sure you have to take some care but they all held up really well (no sliding in and out of the seat otherwise you risk them loosing their matt finish) and I think the common notion that light colors, both interior and exterior, show more dirt is not proven in actual service.
Additionally light paint colors give the right amount of emphasis to the floating roof.
Yeh... And if you clean it with appropriate solutions every so often it retains its original might for a long time... Again, its not for everyone, but I dont have kids, and I take care of my car quite a lot, so I can treat myself to ivory interior :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeh... And if you clean it with appropriate solutions every so often it retains its original might for a long time... Again, its not for everyone, but I dont have kids, and I take care of my car quite a lot, so I can treat myself to ivory interior :)
Well of course it depends on one's own circumstances, I prefer the navy seats, mostly because I just think they look nice, and have the added benefit of being less of a hassle. I also wear jeans a lot, and if I go for a light interior I know I'm going to have to pay extra attention. Anyhow it's all personal preference, all RR's look incredible!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Roy - based on your comments and long history with Ivory interiors, which leather cleaning and preservation products have you found to be most effective. I have a 2014 Loire Blue with Cirrus seats and Navy/Cirrus trim Autobiography on order for October 2013 delivery. Thank you.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
770 Posts
Hi GDS, responded to your PM. Personally I've had good success with Zaino leather cleaner and conditioner. Use as little as possible of whatever you use...

Good luck and enjoy the car!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts