Range Rovers Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This forum is awesome! I learn so much about RRS... almost to a point where I'm thinking I may not have ordered the car if I knew about all of these issues! Haha!

In any case, just wondering what your interaction was with your dealer while you were waiting for your cars... I haven't really contacted my dealer, maybe once a month to check the status of the car...
Your dealer should be able to provide you with a copy of the Land Rover order sheet from their computer detailing, among other things, when your original order was placed, all options, last date for order changes, and estimated production and delivery dates. My dealer provided me with this a couple of times, once to confirm my options, and another to confirm an option change (added tow package) that I made.

Some of these use cases sound like a dealership issue more than a LR manufacturing and delivery issue. Aren't they alloted only a certain amount of orders per month/year? If that's the case, I'm sure the dealership doesn't want to lose the sale, so they misinform the orderer that it's going right in, but in fact, they're sitting on it for the next open slot/allotment opportunity, and not being upfront about it. Just a thought.

I ordered a V8 Dynamic with 22" wheels in late December. It got officialy entered into the ordering system in early January with an initial delivery date for late March. Came in a week or so early and I picked up last week. It was ordered as "priority sold" and that was marked on a windshield sticker (not sure exactly what that means). No mention of any delays along the way.
They prioritize sold builds with named buyers, it usually speeds up delivery by a week.

FWIW, my SVR is still on schedule for End of April, beginning of May delivery with no delays.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.