RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to get the climate system to behave like I’m accustomed to - specifically to defog the side windows?I get the heated windshield defogs using the elements. What about front and rear sides?Owners manual is not helpful.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,459 Posts
Press the front defroster button and turn the fan on high. It might actually turn itself in high automatically.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A little more detail.

There is an icon that turns on the heated windshield. I assumed that was to turn on just the elements in the windshield. I don't think it also blows air when pressing this (if it does, it is very subtle). I don't see an obvious icon or method for conventional defrost (whereas in other cars I owned, pressing the front defrost icon blew air to the front windshield and vents aimed at the front windows where the fan speed is turned to max).

Are you referring to when on the climate screen, the airflow graphic that looks to go above the picture of the head of the seated person? In the manual, it says it that is for airflow to the front windshield, but no reference to the side windows (which is typically included in non-heated window cars I've owned in the past).

Just noticed when loading up the truck with 4 adults when very cold and all windows begin to fog up. The front, heated windshield and the rear window defog when pressing the icons, but the side windows remained foggy for considerably longer - making it difficult to navigate looking out the side windows.

·
Registered
2019 Range Rover Sport SCV8 ATB (L494)
183 Posts

·
Administrator
27,819 Posts
Yes there are vents at the A pillars to blow air on the front side windows. A/C automatically turns on anytime you choose defrost/defog. A/C does not cool air, it dries it.

·
Administrator
27,819 Posts
A little more detail.There is an icon that turns on the heated windshield. I assumed that was to turn on just the elements in the windshield.
Yes, heated windscreen is only the windscreen. If you want the side windows cleared used defroster setting on the climate control

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok - thanks. Pressing the heated windshield in conjunction with #5 per the user manual (and cranking up the fan), should do the trick. Will give it a shot. Didn't seem to get it done when I tried it recently, but will play around with it.

Appreciate the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts