RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm sure some of you Classic Defender guys don't like it but I'm impressed with what Land Rover did with this new Defender. The 3.0 liter 6-cylinder engine is perfect for this vehicle...395hp and 406lb-ft...0-60 in 5.8 seconds. For those that don't like the new design, just wait and it will grow on you. I remember when the L405 was first revealed and a lot of folks didn't like the new design...I knew it was great from the start. This new Defender is now my favorite Land Rover vehicle next to the L405 so I hope to be able to own both soon.

·
Registered
36 Posts
looks good!
if i get one it will be the explorer pack vs the urban pack

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks good!
if i get one it will be the explorer pack vs the urban pack
That explorer pack does make it look more off road ready and aggressive but I don't go on off road adventures so that extra $4,300 for the explorer pack would be a waste of money for me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
WOW!

It looks really nice. I wonder how many of these will be on the road versus say a G wagon. Thats what I like about the original defender and the G wagon is that they were iconic timeless designs.

I feel this new defender will be seen everywhere like a discovery sport or something similar along those lines.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
WOW!

It looks really nice. I wonder how many of these will be on the road versus say a G wagon. Thats what I like about the original defender and the G wagon is that they were iconic timeless designs.

I feel this new defender will be seen everywhere like a discovery sport or something similar along those lines.
I don't think LR was targeting the G wagon with this new Defender. I actually feel like this new Defender is in a class of it's own. It will cost a bit more than the Jeep Wrangler which I think will be it's closest competitor. The G wagon will cost a lot more so I don't think that's a good comparison...unless LR decides to make an SVAutobiography Defender. If that happens then I think the G wagon will loose some customers. Overall, I think this new Defender has a lot of potential. I've definitely made my mind up to get one but I plan to lease for the first 2 years and then I should be able find a great deal on a gently used one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
W84IT
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing