RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to get some feed back on which one someone would pick and why? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
if it is in your budget, get a SC v8

next a diisel

last a v6 SC

The v8SC is overkill....but makes you giggle when you need the power

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
30 Posts
Agreed, Izzone. The SC(V8) is an entirely different driving experience - due in large part to the addition of the hydraulic anti-sway bars (seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XulkFsUnw64) that significantly reduce body roll and give the truck a much flatter cornering posture. Drive the SC, and you'll be absolutely ruined on anything else (although I think that, in 2016, the HSE Dynamic model may have also had the anti-sway bar you would need to check the model brochure for that year). You'll spend an extra couple hundred dollars a year on gas and be a much happier person for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks - so the RR SC V8 is too much - if price was ok for both which one would you recommend not based purely on power. This is first RR purchase and there are a lot of options. Just want to make sure I am looking at everything.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I recently got a RRS SC and I agree with everyone's comments.

Is it overkill? Probably.

Does it put a smile on my face everytime I drive it? Absolutely.

The HSE is a very nice and competent vehicle. The SC is a guilty pleasure... ;-)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would recommend the RRS SC based solely on its suspension, the additional power is just a bonus. It comes standard with the hydraulic anti-sway bars I mentioned above, and also come standard with Terrain Response II - which most V6's do not. In fact, I would suggest a 2014 or 2015 SC over a 2016 V6 HSE, because the mechanics of the SC have remained virtually unchanged. The advantages of buying a 2016 are: (1) the potential for a longer effective warranty and (2) the updated infotainment system (which, personally, I could care less about, but some other folks might feel differently).

If you're not going to spring for the V8, I'd suggest the diesel. It has great torque delivery, which makes it a pleasure to drive day-to-day, and get's killer highway mileage.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
15 Posts
I test drove most of them except the svr and decided on the diesel. First time I took friends in the car and jumped on the high then punched it... there was a 'whoaaaa!' from everyone in the back seat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts