RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I decide to do this being new to Range Rover what's the worst part about the SVR?? I've been hearing that gas is the biggest issue because you have to fill it up so much(gas mileage). Also I've been hearing the seats aren't necessarily comfortable on longer journey trips but that seems a bit random. Is there anything else anyone can warn me about?

·
Administrator
27,819 Posts
Well like any driver tell your wife to keep her foot off of the floor board. It's no different than the SCV8 in any JLR product...save for it has a higher torque and a great HP rating from it's tuning.

So she has a choice. She can rip through the neighbourhood running errands like AJ Foyt enjoying the exhilarating fun of available power... or she can be a bit more reserved and save the fun for merging onto the freeway or passing a Prius on some back country highway.

As far as the seats, I have driven two SVRs on trips. They are far more comfortable and supportive those massage seats in the Ab etc. Those torture items have zero support or envelopment after about 70 miles.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
127 Posts
Before I decide to do this being new to Range Rover what's the worst part about the SVR?? I've been hearing that gas is the biggest issue because you have to fill it up so much(gas mileage). Also I've been hearing the seats aren't necessarily comfortable on longer journey trips but that seems a bit random. Is there anything else anyone can warn me about?
We just drove between SF and LA for the Christmas holiday, i.e., 7-8 hours. The MPG was not much less than our previous 2015 RRS SC, e.g., still 20+ mpg on the highway. The SVR seats were just fine and I did not notice anything significantly different vs. our previous RRS seats other than missing the massage function. I don't get massages nor have I used the seat massage features in our previous cars, so didn't miss it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The seats are so comfortable and provide lots of support for those of us with hip and/or back issues. As far as gas mileage it is virtually the same as my previous Jeep Cherokee with Hemi engine, while being much more powerful and fun to drive. We have owned over 20 vehicles and this is my wife’s favourite by far.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
471 Posts

There is a “worst” part?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your help man!! I just ordered a 2019 SCV8 Full size so now I know what to expect with my gas mileage too haha
Well like any driver tell your wife to keep her foot off of the floor board. It's no different than the SCV8 in any JLR product...save for it has a higher torque and a great HP rating from it's tuning.

So she has a choice. She can rip through the neighbourhood running errands like AJ Foyt enjoying the exhilarating fun of available power... or she can be a bit more reserved and save the fun for merging onto the freeway or passing a Prius on some back country highway.

As far as the seats, I have driven two SVRs on trips. They are far more comfortable and supportive those massage seats in the Ab etc. Those torture items have zero support or envelopment after about 70 miles.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
471 Posts
Thank you for your help man!! I just ordered a 2019 SCV8 Full size so now I know what to expect with my gas mileage too haha

Keep the SVR for yourself and give the full size to your wife!

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Keep the SVR for yourself and give the full size to your wife!
Not if you're like me. My wife is all for the rumble and the roughness of the V8 Sport (ever since the 494 came out), and she's being slowly dragged towards the SVR as her next vehicle. She likes everything about that thing.
I would _never_ give up the full size' serenity for an SVR. That's the only place where I can get some peace and quiet time!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah my full size is my first ever Range Rover so I went pretty hard and got the Full Size Supercharged lol, I'm more about the luxury drive and feel. I was told by the salesman the Sport is a more fun ride but if you want a luxurious ride the full size is for you..
Not if you're like me. My wife is all for the rumble and the roughness of the V8 Sport (ever since the 494 came out), and she's being slowly dragged towards the SVR as her next vehicle. She likes everything about that thing.
I would _never_ give up the full size' serenity for an SVR. That's the only place where I can get some peace and quiet time!!!

·
Administrator
27,819 Posts
How about adding your real location to your profile. A real location helps folks help you in lots of ways.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think the full size is the right choice for comfort and it still very fast.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts