RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Looks terrific! I for one very much like the clean look.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks -- I basically blacked out the grill and all the trim pieces, but left a little gray around the grill because I wasn't trying to go with a completely blacked out look. I'm getting wheels to match that gray trim piece with the ultimate goal of the car looking something like this, which I personally think looks great:

http://www.gtspirit.com/64155/gallery/6702/84327/

·
Registered
117 Posts
Im playing around with various trim piece painting ideas as well...though I'm actually trying to get rid of the atlas color all together and paint it black on the hood and the lower (under bumper) trim, and maybe painting the atlas trim around the grill the OEM inner grill color and painting the inner grill black to match the lower strip under the fog lights...there are so many variations...

I would love it if you could post a few more pics in daytime as well...too many ways to do this...

·
Registered
117 Posts
I ended up ordering an all black grill to try out (just 500 bucks with no labor at all to put on) and then I'm going to take my stock grill, paint the dark atlas grey edge black (jet black not mariana) then am painting the upper hood piece that's dark atlas jet back (to match the window trims and windshield edge black) and the bottom dark atlas piece under the bumper black as well to get rid of all the dark atlas on the car...and Ill have extra blacked out grill to try for the hell of it and maybe experiment with painting it similar to how the original poster did but with regular atlas vs dark atlas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm pretty happy how it turned out. I think these wheels are perfect for the LWB. I had the brake calipers painted black with a little custom lettering ;P. Subtle enough that only those who look closely will notice...haha, chalk it up to my sense of humor.

IMG_2190.jpg
IMG_2189.jpg
IMG_2226.jpg
IMG_2192.jpg
IMG_2188.jpg
IMG_2219.jpg
IMG_2195.jpg

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
WOW those wheels are awesome! Looks like you have custom rubber too?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts