RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I scheduled an appointment to get the front speakers (passenger side-Meridian 825w) checked for rattling noises with the volume not even half way up.

Dealer will check but when I ask for a loaner the service "advisor" tells me because I didn't buy from that dealership technically they are not obligated to provide a loaner vehicle. Anyone else familiar with this policy with JLR dealerships?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
So I scheduled an appointment to get the front speakers (passenger side-Meridian 825w) checked for rattling noises with the volume not even half way up.

Dealer will check but when I ask for a loaner the service "advisor" tells me because I didn't buy from that dealership technically they are not obligated to provide a loaner vehicle. Anyone else familiar with this policy with JLR dealerships?
That's every dealers policy for every brand. But they usually give you a car anyway. My local dealers all give me a jag to drive

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would find another dealer - I drag my 2001 Disco (with 250,000k) on it in for service and they give me a Jag or another LR for a loaner everytime - for days at no charge and no I did not buy it from them...

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
It's really up to the individual dealer, Land Rover North America doesn't set these policies. It sounds ridiculous in this price range, but it pays to shop around among local dealers, if you are lucky to live in an area that offers choices - many of us aren't so lucky. You could get a nice loaner at one, a cheapo rental at another, a ride home at the third and diddly-squat with lots of attitude at the fourth, whether you make an appointment or not. Unfortunately, these are the little things that make Land Rover languish at the bottom of JD Power customer satisfaction surveys while most other luxury car dealers are consistently at the top. Most Land Rover dealers seem to be unaware they are considered luxury car dealers in the automotive industry, and use customer service practices you are more likely to see at a Toyote, Chrysler or Volkswagen dealership.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Anaheim Hills dealership has a sign on the wall that says loaner vehicles/rental cars are only provided to customers who make an appointment; no walk-ins will receive a loaner.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
That's understandable. Less understandable is the "Didn't buy it from us, so..." (LR Encino), the "Go to the Enterprise counter for your complimentary on-day Chevrolet Cobalt rental" (LR Pasadena), the "We had a loaner for you earlier, but now they are all gone. Can you wait for about an hour while we wash that LR2 for you?" (LR Cerritos), etc.

·
Banned
243 Posts
So I scheduled an appointment to get the front speakers (passenger side-Meridian 825w) checked for rattling noises with the volume not even half way up
i was having rattling from the rear-door speakers on my Signature system. took it to service. the tech heard it, but said the speaker is fine, it's the housing that's rattling. they said they'd look into.

picked the car up, the tech said there's nothing they can do since the speaker works fine. granted this only happens on some rather bass-heavy hip-hop tracks, but that's what i listen to, and i paid $6k so that i WOULDN'T hear rattling! i was disappointed in this answer to say the least.

went to a local mobile audio shop, he said he can definitely fix it with some sound deadening materials and making the speaker cover fit so tight that there won't be a rattle. when i was demo'ing it, he pressed against the speaker cover and the rattle went away. so he will fix... for $300. he then said, "you should see if Land Rover will pay for it".

i would love to, but i also don't want to get into a conflict with my service center or dealership just 1.5 months after taking delivery. want to stay on their good side!

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
788 Posts
Small dealerships usually have that policy regardless of the make whereas larger dealers do not.

The funny thing is every dealership profits way way way more from the SERVICE of your vehicle than they do from the sale of it. Thus, common sense says that where you bought it should be irrelevant.

No one has kissed my big butt quite like Lexus dealerships did. They couldn't care less where the car was purchased. Too bad their cars all suck now but I understand why they have such a loyal following.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,990 Posts
Small dealerships usually have that policy regardless of the make whereas larger dealers do not.

The funny thing is every dealership profits way way way more from the SERVICE of your vehicle than they do from the sale of it. Thus, common sense says that where you bought it should be irrelevant.

No one has kissed my big butt quite like Lexus dealerships did. They couldn't care less where the car was purchased. Too bad their cars all suck now but I understand why they have such a loyal following.
you should try the cadillac dealer where I bought my escalade hybrid which also owns the lexus dealership. they give you a new escalade for a loaner if you call ahead of time. it has my loyalty following. While I only get a jetta when i turn in my RRS for service. That's why I have them call me when an appropriate loaner is available before I bring my RRS for service.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Never, never had that problem with Lexus. Very disappointing to hear and one aspect of Land Rover that I do not look forward too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes I made sure to let them know the only reason they lost my business to the larger Seattle JLR dealership was the unmotivated salesman who acted like he was doing me a favor by selling me car and wouldn't return my calls for days.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Oakville dealer(Ontario , Canada) from where i brought the car dont offer any loaners and have to pay for rentals and i tried another dealer at woodbridge (Ontario , Canada) she want me to drive to dealer with ownership to book thr appointment and when i asked why dont you take information over phone she started shouting and hang the phone .I think i did worse purchase of my life getting a 2014 RRS ..

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,560 Posts
Oakville dealer(Ontario , Canada) from where i brought the car dont offer any loaners and have to pay for rentals and i tried another dealer at woodbridge (Ontario , Canada) she want me to drive to dealer with ownership to book thr appointment and when i asked why dont you take information over phone she started shouting and hang the phone .I think i did worse purchase of my life getting a 2014 RRS ..
Ouch! That doesn't sound good.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I walked into Budds LR (Oakville) and the salesman was really nice - but in the past I have serviced my BMW w/ their Budds BMW (adjacent to the LR dealership) and the owners (Budds) are the absolute worst for service!! They tried to charge for things that were covered under warranty - claimed that I only drove my 5 series for 12,000km (7,000 miles) after 1 year and stated that "it's not enough... So warranty is void on somethings" - I called Mississauaga in front of the service rep and they said the repairs will be covered despite the low mileage and were like: "bring it over tonmorow!" - Essentially the warranty covered the repair..

Oh also Budds mechanic put a giant greased-hand print on my beige roof-liner. I never took my BMW to them again!

In contrast, the LR dealer I purchased my RRS stated that they will pick up my vehicle for service from my home or office and will drop it off w/ a loaner too!

When I lived in Baton Rouge, LA - (a year ago) the guys at Mercedes were absolutely amazing! Always gave me a loaner, and even offered to give me the managers E class when I told them my father was interested in it - knowing that my father resides in Toronto!! (I probably would have considered buying the E from them if my father went with the E). All in all, the best experience I have had w/ service are w/ Mercedes Baton Rouge, Mercedes Mississauga, and Mercedes Oakville... I have never really had great service w/ BMW - only "satisfactory"... I just hope this LR dealer that I purchased my vehicle holds their word - so far they have been great.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You guys are scaring me......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts