RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
What are people seeing for typical wait times to get an appointment for service with your dealer? I just called and they told me first available was seven weeks out! That is insane!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
What are people seeing for typical wait times to get an appointment for service with your dealer? I just called and they told me first available was seven weeks out! That is insane!
Last time I made an appointment it was 30 Days out. My Dealer wants to start a second shift, which is a great idea, but there is a shortage of Techs.

I made an appointment for the Jags annual service, which is in December, months ago, I will do the same for the Range Rover, which is due in April, next week.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Assuming they can't keep up/haven't expanded operations proportionately in relation to added models + price-affordable models...which lends itself to many more sales - and thus many more service appointments. That's ridiculous appointment queue times!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've typically been able to schedule within a week's time. I called yesterday, Thursday, and got an appointment for Tuesday.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've typically been able to schedule within a week's time. I called yesterday, Thursday, and got an appointment for Tuesday.
That's pretty reasonable. I'd definitely say it'll be dealer-specific failures to expand, hire, and increase capacity. And some locations only have one dealership nearby, so their competition is limited...and they know it!

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
539 Posts
The wait here in suburban Chicago is approximately 2 weeks. They do triage the appointments based on safety.

·
Registered
463 Posts
In NJ, Paul Miller will get a unit down vehicle in within a few days...if I have to make a non emergency appointment it can take a few weeks and usually they still will not get the truck in for a few days..Their Porsche store is usually a few days...the other issue is people are just getting back into the swing after the summer and holidays so a bit more volume...it should start to get better...which NJ dealer are you using..?

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,082 Posts
When I lived in Florida, getting a service visit only (oil change, etc) was a week out. However when I had the airbag sensor light come on (ended up being faulty passenger seat sensor), I was quoted about a month out. Fortunately car drove fine, so I asked what happened if the vehicle was non-functional, and was told that some people leave it with the dealer until the appointment, which sounds absolutely ridiculous.

Out of curiosity I called the next closest dealer which was 2 hours away and they could get me in same week, but I decided to just take the month's wait.

·
Registered
63 Posts
... when I had the airbag sensor light come on (ended up being faulty passenger seat sensor), I was quoted about a month out.
I wonder whether, and if so how, the safety of any front-seat passenger would've been impacted for this month, i.e. does the vehicle's SRS subsystem assume there's always a need to fire the passenger side airbags when the sensor is off, or does it assume there's never a need? I suppose it would've sucked to find out.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I wonder whether, and if so how, the safety of any front-seat passenger would've been impacted for this month, i.e. does the vehicle's SRS subsystem assume there's always a need to fire the passenger side airbags when the sensor is off, or does it assume there's never a need? I suppose it would've sucked to find out.
What was interesting was whenever I had a passenger in the seat the airbag light would be off, so I think it would have worked fine. Then the warning light would be off for 2-3 starts and then come back. So I made sure the few days before the appointment that I carried no front seat passengers.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I just booked an appointment online and it is telling me first available is nov 8th, with or without loaner. I will call on Monday to make sure, but that does seem a little ridiculous.

·
Registered
91 Posts
That's crazy. I cannot imagine.

I just moved to San Francisco, called Land Rover SF today, and have a warranty appointment with loaner... tomorrow. In San Francisco.

I always got an appt within a week in Atlanta too.. at either of the 2 franchise dealers there.

I don't know -I'd call them and talk thru it-- seems odd.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The last time I made an appointment, I requested a loaner vehicle and the wait was about 1 month out. If I didn't need a loaner, it would've been about 2 weeks. When I was talking to the admins, they said that some customers were very picky about what type of loaner vehicle they would get and would actually wait even longer than 1 month just to get one particular loaner vehicle that they want.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts