RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like its the air compressor that went out so it was throwing the suspension fault. I told him to check the dryer as well per the TSB.

Was noticing when the faults were going on that the rear of the car would pop up before the front could. Whereas before, they would rise simultaneously. Looks like they don't have the part in stock and so yet another day without the Rangie.

Taking care of the AC farting and airbag today while they wait on the compressor part.

Sigh. Another day with the Mazda 5!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zosick said:
is it not normal for the rear to raise up before the front when adjusting suspension height?
I have no clue what is "normal" but previous to the faults, my car would lower and raise the front and rear simultaneously. Since the fault, it would struggle with the front.

·
Administrator
27,824 Posts
When raising the rear goes up first jsut as when lowering the front goes down first. This is to keep headlamps from blinding oncoming traffic or the gent infront of you.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rrtoadhall said:
When raising the rear goes up first jsut as when lowering the front goes down first. This is to keep headlamps from blinding oncoming traffic or the gent infront of you.
You can't be serious.

·
Registered
213 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
That's an interesting reason... Is that really it?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
MIAMIRRS said:
rrtoadhall said:
I think it has more to do with the compressor capacity, lifting 5000+ lbs straight up can't be an easy thing.

What do I know.

·
Administrator
27,824 Posts
MIAMIRRS said:
rrtoadhall said:
Sure is. Lowering the rear first raises the headlight aim above standard blinding oncoming traffic. It would be like towing a trailer without self leveling, the headlights would be higher due to the weight lowering the rear of the rig. To avoid this the engineers decided that all self leveling or height adjustments would be done with front lowering first or rear raising first. If I remember which Land Rover book I read that in I'll let ya know.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rrtoadhall said:
MIAMIRRS said:
rrtoadhall said:
Sure is. Lowering the rear first raises the headlight aim above standard blinding oncoming traffic. It would be like towing a trailer without self leveling, the headlights would be higher due to the weight lowering the rear of the rig. To avoid this the engineers decided that all self leveling or height adjustments would be done with front lowering first or rear raising first. If I remember which Land Rover book I read that in I'll let ya know.
I guess I learn something new every day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts