RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A plug for the Prestige Land Rover in Paramus, NJ and the service manager Jeff. Very professional, very easy to work with.

Under Warranty

Replaced:
Exterior door handles (4) due to paint peeling
Steering wheel due to delamination
Driver door panel window switch bezel due to delamination
Belt tensioner and belt as per TSB

Serviced:
Applied LTB00144 for Sirius lockup
Repaired short in passenger door that was causing the dash light dimmer and center stack light failure (2.5 hours!!!)
Reset Airbag warning

Complete inspection - Free of charge
Brake fluid flush - $159.88

It appears that I am doing brake pads on Thursday AM as the turkey bakes. They are at 3mm and the lights have not turned on yet. Bought the pads. I still have all my wonderful heavy lifting jacks and stands from my Lagonda days. Should be fun....

The last open issue is for absolutely no reason that they could find, the "Reduced Engine Performance" shows up between 60 and 70MPH. There is no reduced performance and I can get very nice acceleration and the message disappears after a few moments. Dealer was unable to recreate and the IDS showed no issues.

Also recommended fuel injector cleaning. I declined, figuring I'll throw in a couple of cans of Techron first. Is this the right move?

Dave

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 2006 HSE had the same issue - Reduced engine performance light came on randomly for a few seconds between 60 and 70, no change in actual performance.
Dealer said engine control software was out of revision, reflashed software and problem has never come back.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank for that tidbit, I will ask the Service Manager about that. Is there a TSB for it?

The Rover actually threw a MAss Airflow Code today. The sensor is on order, should be in Monday.

Dave

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More on the Reduced Engine Performance saga....

The dreaded message has returned.

Code P0101 was stored, dealer replaced Mass Airflow Sensor on Monday evening.

On Tuesday AM, driving at very low RPM about 35MPH, the Reduced Performance engine returned, accompanied by P0101.

Dealer has the RR, I have a loaner Freelander.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update ECM and TCM software. Drove 40 miles this am, no issues. Hopefully we are done with this issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts