RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Thursday my 2003 Range Rover wouldn't start (would turn over but not fire). I pulled the codes and it pointed to the crankshaft position sensor so I took it to the dealer and had it swapped out. After that, started no problem. Only problem is after I picked it up and drove about 15km in the city the engine rapidly started to overheat. I pulled over and opened the hood and saw coolant everywhere. I haven't yet located the source of the leak, but is it possible that something was damaged during service? The dealer was extremely certain that nothing they did could have led to this problem (even though I've never had this car overheat in the 3 years that I've owned it). Or is this just a coincidence?

Any ideas you can give me will be great ammo when I go back to the shop tomorrow to try and get them to give me a deal on the repair.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,932 Posts
if there are coolant hoses near the repair area and they were pushed on,
its likely that the the connections are going to leak, as the O ring seals are probably hard .

I suggest when fitting new hoses, use some Dow Corning 111 on the O rings,
this will keep them soft and thus they wont leak as easily as the untreated connections will

1 - 2 of 2 Posts