RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I finally took the plunge and bought a CPO 2016 Range Rover Sport and have been loving it so far. After I brought the vehicle home a couple days ago, I noticed that after the dealer had installed my new rear plate, the holder was crooked. I removed it to remount properly, and noticed an extra hole had been drilled a bit above the predrilled hole (I'm working on attaching pictures; for some reason the "Manage Attachments" link isn't working). I'm not sure why this was done, and now I'm worried that the hole (which is drilled partially into the plastic gasket that surrounds the predrilled hole, and partially into the metal right above) might cause rust or some other issues eventually.

Am I right to be worried? I've already discussed with my salesman, and he didn't seem to be worried, but is looking into it and mentioned I might need to bring the vehicle back in for some sort of repair.

Thanks

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
Take it back and make them fix it properly. There is absolutely no excuse for drilling holes to mount a rear plate.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
69 Posts
If they exposed any bare metal, sure. Doesn't make sense...it should have pre-drilled holes, and actually the plastic nut as well. At least that's how mine was.

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
Isn't the tailgate aluminum? I have to say I have not paid much attention which panels are which metal.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
209 Posts
The tailgate is mainly plastic combined with an metal Framework construction.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
209 Posts
Thanks; do you know whether the material under the rear plate is plastic? Or is it aluminum?
The whole panel in body color is plastic, also behind the plate. But I where behind this then the metal frame runs, I don’t know.
As 383vett said, fill it with silicone and don’t worry about it.

Best
René

1 - 11 of 11 Posts