RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my RRS PHEV for about 9 months and, soon after a recent software update, I got a notification from the security monitoring service that a potential theft had been detected due to a loss of power. When they checked it, they said it looked like a dead battery had caused it, and that's what it turned out to be. But this is a spontaneous complete loss of charge, over the space of just a few hours, and nothing was (or could have been) left on. I had to get roadside assistance to give me enough charge to drive it to the dealer. They had it for nearly a week and gave it back to me supposedly fixed. They simply applied a bunch more software updates and checked the battery, which they said was OK. Now, less than a week later, the same thing has happened again.

Is this a battery problem or is there something in the car that is draining the battery?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
7 Posts
I had the same problem, but in my case the car was charging the EV-battery at my home charging-point. Due to a (unknown) system failure the charging stopped but the ventilation-fan keeps blowing which drained the 12V-battery to start the car. So I got a call from the security monitoring company. It’s definitely not a battery problem, but something in the car that drains the battery. After a first service at the dealer they did some software updates (as usual), but no results. Also my charging infrastructure (EV-Box) is checked.
I’ll make a second appointment with the dealer to check again. Because it’s an intermittent, not continuously problem it’s difficult to detect.
After having problems with my infotainment systems (black LCD screens) the RRS MY19 doesn’t bring me luck. ☹

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had my RRS PHEV for about 9 months and, soon after a recent software update, I got a notification from the security monitoring service that a potential theft had been detected due to a loss of power. When they checked it, they said it looked like a dead battery had caused it, and that's what it turned out to be. But this is a spontaneous complete loss of charge, over the space of just a few hours, and nothing was (or could have been) left on. I had to get roadside assistance to give me enough charge to drive it to the dealer. They had it for nearly a week and gave it back to me supposedly fixed. They simply applied a bunch more software updates and checked the battery, which they said was OK. Now, less than a week later, the same thing has happened again.

Is this a battery problem or is there something in the car that is draining the battery?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you manage to get this fixed, I have the same issue and mechanics have had car in for 5 weeks and said cannot find fault

·
Registered
138 Posts
This sounds very much like issue addressed in N380:

"Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEVs) are experiencing depletion of the startup battery when left on charge for long periods of time."

Tell your dealer to look up N380 and install the related software update.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts