RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any easy way to deactivate the airbags i.e if I had a child seat in the front passenger seat - thinking pull a fuse etc? Just an idea but don't have time to go through the testing or wiring diagrams and would rather take the nipper out in Bennett before he's laid up for the annual road salting festivities we enjoy here in the UK.

Sent from my LG-H930DS using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
The only way I could think of disabling the airbag system is to disconnect the airbag controller-- which is not an easy task on my 95 RRC.

Pulling fuses is not practical since airbag controller is powered by two shared fuses (not dedicated fuses) according to RAVE wiring diagrams. Pulling fuses will disable other systems connecting to them. Also, pulling fuses when the system is energized will cause the airbag controller to log a fault (ie SRS light) until the system is cleared by a LR diagnostic tool.

Disconnect the battery first before disconnecting the airbag controller to avoid generating a SRS fault.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm that sounds a bit more involved than my pull a fuse idea but deep down I knew it wouldn't be that easy...

Ok, little man rides in the back still

Sent from my LG-H930DS using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts