RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not the wealthiest owner but I like my 2.5 DSE and plan to keep it for a number years. I expect to be its last owner.

All electronics are fine at the moment but I'm not sure what the position will be in seven years' time. Will Testbook still be supported?!

Word is that the BCMs control everything but, at the end of the day, it is still four wheels and a motor.

Could you kindly folk add comments about fixes for electronic problems that you have managed to bypass and do without, so that my old bus ends its days capable of being fixed miles away from a Testbook using nothing more than a socket set and a few screwdrivers - you know - like a Landy should be.

Cheers,

S~

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm reviving this thread because the central locking/alarm/immobilisaation system is driving me nuts.

There is no finer vehicle when it's working well but I don't think that it is that appealing to car thieves anymore - disabling the alarm and immobiler would be great. Equally, I've never lost any sleep about having to push down locks. If I really missed central locking, I think that a set from Maplin is around 50 quid.

How can I be rid of these unnecessary electronic gizmos?

S~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts