Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've figured out that I can't turn the DRL on and off myself. Something I can do with other makes, this is a bit bizarre that I have to visit the dealership to get this change done.

What I'm trying to figure out is what is the DRL on the new Range Rover?

Is the DRL the new LED "signature" strip or is it the bulb that's sitting in the middle of the "ring" ?

In my experience the DRL is suppose to turn on whenever the motor is on. Right now LED strip doesn't light up until the car is in gear (at which it will stay illuminated until the motor is shut off).

I don't think I've seen the middle of the ring light up… so I'm trying to figure this one out.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
757 Posts
Nar,

I was advised that DRL need to be activated/inactivated by the dealer. I asked to have mine disabled and I have the LED functionality that you are describing.

Steve

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nar,

I asked to have mine disabled and I have the LED functionality that you are describing.

Steve
So with your DRL disabled, does the LED strip still light up?

Basically I'm trying to figure out if the DRL is the LED strip or the bulb I've highlighted here:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
757 Posts
Nar,

When the lights are off, the LED strip lights up when the truck is in gear. I assume that the DRL is the highlighted bulb (or my dealer did not do what they claim to have done).

Steve

·
Registered
306 Posts
This is an old thread but I am a little confused about the signature leds. Are the signature leds the DRL's and come on by themselves OR is led strip marked by NAR the DRL's?

·
Registered
2013 Range Rover 5.0SC
109 Posts
I am 🇨🇦 and DRL is the LED strip. DRLs are enabled here by law.

The low beam (dipped) is not the DRL.
The high beam (main) is not the DRL.

·
Registered
2015 LRRR SC
59 Posts
I am 🇨🇦 and DRL is the LED strip. DRLs are enabled here by law.

The low beam (dipped) is not the DRL.
The high beam (main) is not the DRL.
Same in the U.S., mandatory, however, certain vehicles such as my 2021 Sierra Denali have a switch to turn them off. During bright sunny days, that’s what I do. Same with my LLRR SC. Otherwise I use the headlights.

·
Registered
864 Posts
A gap tool can make these changes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.