Range Rovers Forum banner

Date, language, time - no unfolding of mirror

618 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Tscharlyhot 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I've been reading a lot, but didn't find an answer...

Sometimes, when I unlock my Range Rover 4,4 sdv8 MY11, the mirrors don't unfold and when this happens, the date is 01/01/2009, the clock is wrong and the language is set to default (?) language english... (I'm from Austria)

Could this be a battery issue? Any other idea? However, I don't have any other batterie issues at all like starting problems or so on...

Thanks in advance for your comments, greetings from snowy Austria!

#3 ·
I skied in Innsbruck once, and it was fantastic! You have a beautiful home there in Austria.

No great insight on your problem, but as Buba said, thoroughly check the condition of your battery and battery connections. My 2004 has a documented history of needing new batteries at a bit under 5 year intervals, including the language changes.

#5 ·
Dear all, thank you for your answers so far! I've checked the battery and the connectors are mounted quite well. However, the battery was wet, and there was even some little standing water on the battery. I guess that could also be the reason, right? Is that a known issue, having a wet battery, after lots of snow, or rain?? Any ideas??

#6 ·
Doubt if a little standing water would affect it. Some trailer and boat batteries are exposed to the elements.

A flooded or wet cell battery (one you can add distilled water to) should show at least 12.6 volts when fully charged. For an AGM (maintenance free) battery, a full charge is at least 12.8 volts. See if you can borrow a voltmeter or camping digital solar controller to check battery voltage with the engine turned off.

With the engine at 2,000 RPM, charging voltage when measured at the battery terminals should be 13.2 to 15.2 volts for older vehicles in general (not Rover specific). For L322 trucks, apparently 14.2 to 14.4 charging volts is normal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.